US: Better Call Saul

Soldato
I enjoyed it. So with the b&w opening section of present time do you guys think it will catch up with current times and continue ? Or always stay set in the past ?

Because I am trying to think what the point of showing present day if the whole show is strictly a prequel?

Associate
I enjoyed it. So with the b&w opening section of present time do you guys think it will catch up with current times and continue ? Or always stay set in the past ?

Because I am trying to think what the point of showing present day if the whole show is strictly a prequel?
I always assumed it was there to emphasise that because of his actions he ends up alone, living in constant fear and all the energy of Jimmy McGill is long gone.

I do kind of hope he gets some sort of happy ending, maybe eventually being reunited with Kim, however I dont think it will happen.

Soldato
I think there has to be some kind of convergence at some point, who knows when that will be though, going by the pace of the show so far. Could be season 5, 6, 7...later?

Seems like a total wrap up kind of arc for the Better Call Saul premise, although it would be ace if they play it out for another season or two after they converge to turn it into a BB sequel too...

Associate
It harks back to his dad who always got suckered by people easily. Few references and flashbacks to it in the earlier series. Great episode, this one. Kim giving it both barrels. And that ending, obviously

Caporegime
Yup, he just lost all respect for them when he was able to get them to offer him the job on the spot when they knew nothing about him, anyway the ending showed he seemed to have some rather different motives for being there in the first place re: the tacky ornaments on the shelf in the office.

Feel a bit bad for Howard, he hasn't really done anything particularly wrong yet he's getting a load of grief. Chuck was a **** as always, even from beyond the grave.

Associate
He's working for Gus as a "Security Consultant" so he can have the money he stole from Hector (in season 3) laundered.

Associate
Maybe i haven't been paying close enough attention, but i'm lost when it comes to the plot regarding Fring, the cartel and Nacho. Nacho mentioned territory and Fring cut him off? Also who are the Brothers working for and what is their part in all of these machinations?

Soldato
Honestly, having the episodes weekly, and being such a slow burner I've been finding it quite hard to follow too. I've had to look things up a number of times on Fandom.

I think the current situation is that Nacho poisoned Hector to stop him from taking over his dad's shop.

Gus figured it out and now has Nacho in a bind and is forced to work for him.

Gus' goons took him to the desert and shot him up along with his dead partner to make it look like they got jacked by a rival dealer.

Hector's cartel family links came across the border to rescue Nacho, that's the two brothers. Who are helping Nacho, because Nacho used to be Hector's no. 2, so they trust him.

Nacho told the brothers a porkey, that it was this rival gang that got him shot up, so they go find them and blast them. Essentially wiping out some of the competition, making room for Gus to then move into that territory.

And now Nacho is stuck working for Gus unless he can figure out a way of getting out of that situation.

This episode was really good though, I enjoyed it. And we can see now how it looks like Jimmy is going to start becoming like the Vet and make his own network of criminals through the burner phone business as part of his progression into Saul Goodman - hence all the phones in his drawers in BB.

Back
Top Bottom