US: Better Call Saul

Soldato
Ep 3.

That ending, got me totally by surprise!
But we new it was coming, right? Nacho has said the only way it worked was with him dead? He then stuck to the plan all through, I did think maybe he'll take his hostage with him, but surely we knew he would top himself? I suppose there was a brief 'oh maybe he's gonna run' as they'd said that was the plan, but it was still the plan he would run and one of the henchmen would 'put him down'. So, sad - yes, surprise - no?

Soldato
But we new it was coming, right? Nacho has said the only way it worked was with him dead? He then stuck to the plan all through, I did think maybe he'll take his hostage with him, but surely we knew he would top himself? I suppose there was a brief 'oh maybe he's gonna run' as they'd said that was the plan, but it was still the plan he would run and one of the henchmen would 'put him down'. So, sad - yes, surprise - no?
the beauty of the show is that everyone in the scene (bar Nacho) was in the start of BB and yet they still managed to ratchet up the tension

Soldato
We're only on episode 3 and already getting episodes hitting this hard, I'm sad but it needed to happen and if they've wrapped that storyline up already by episode 3 it's going to be a packed rest of season.

Soldato
well they arguably could have done a vacuum cleaner job on him, but that was a powerful scene.
I think that's how Kim will leave

Glanza said:
We're only on episode 3 and already getting episodes hitting this hard, I'm sad but it needed to happen and if they've wrapped that storyline up already by episode 3 it's going to be a packed rest of season.

think they will wrap up the Kim and Lalo storylines by the halfway point and then 2nd half will be saul in the bb timeline and the conclusion on the Gene element.

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoyed it myself too. Not a huge amount happened so I can see why some people thought it was 'boring' especially compared to ep3. But everything about it so good I could watch them watching paint dry and I would still be enthralled!

Soldato
Yeah I'm not sure great acting and storytelling is boring personally. It's been a slow burn throughout its run purely because we know where Jimmy gets to, my only negative is there's been no Gene elements.

Soldato
my only negative is there's been no Gene elements.
Got a feeling were going to get a mega dump next half. Maybe even an entire episode? The last episode? puts a tidy bow on everything...perhaps. Last we left it his identity was compromised so leaves the door open for a 'past' character to appear maybe.

Associate
Poor Howie :eek:

I genuinely shouted out an expletive at the end. Didn’t like Howard as I thought he was a smarmy bugger but didn’t expect that was how his story was going to end. I thought he would get discredited and slip away as it looked like he might.
Anyone who thought last week was the worst episode cannot say that at all this week. When does Part 2 air - can’t wait to see the rest

Associate
I genuinely shouted out an expletive at the end. Didn’t like Howard as I thought he was a smarmy bugger but didn’t expect that was how his story was going to end. I thought he would get discredited and slip away as it looked like he might.
Anyone who thought last week was the worst episode cannot say that at all this week. When does Part 2 air - can’t wait to see the rest

yeah they dialled it to 11 this week, oh man Lalo is cold.

Soldato
Jesus they didn't film it to be a cliffhanger but it certainly works as one.

Poor Howard, everyone is going to remember his as a drug addict who got killed by his dealer instead of what actually happened

Back
Top Bottom