US: Better Call Saul

Associate
The tension in this episode with Lalo was almost too much! Seriously intense character.

Can't believe it's the final episode already next week.

Associate
Why was the last 10 minutes tense? Lalo isn't Tuco.

:confused::confused:

What do you mean? He is the same relation to Hector Salamanca as Tuco is - he's directly linked to the Mexican cartel, and found Saul and Kim's house, basically forced himself in in a threatening manner demanding answers, and we have no idea what the fate of Kim is in the Breaking bad timeline?

Permabanned
He was hardly threatening. Unsettling yes, but not threatening. Tuco on the other hand, lol, as if he would have just walked away with his tail between his legs.

So I just don't agree with people saying that scene was in the same league as BB. It wasn't.

Gus in his lab with Jesse/Walt after Gales execution, was tense.
Hank confronting Walt in his garage, was tense.
Or when Hank had Walt cornered and Welker's gang rolls up, that was etc etc.

Associate
A member of the Mexican cartel finding your home, inviting himself in (when your partner is present), gun on display, clearly there looking for answers and getting more and more visibly irritated isn't threatening or tense. OK then.

Anyway, the last episode!

Those special ops guys were a bit useless. And it seems they're now fully building up to "Slippin Kimmy", which I guess will be her downfall? A bit of a shame to see this once strong, grounded, level-headed character go own this route. Can't believe this season is over already!

Last edited:
Caporegime
A member of the Mexican cartel finding your home, inviting himself in (when your partner is present), gun on display, clearly there looking for answers and getting more and more visibly irritated isn't threatening or tense. OK then.

Anyway, the last episode!

Those special ops guys were a bit useless. And it seems they're now fully building up to "Slippin Kimmy", which I guess will be her downfall? A bit of a shame to see this once strong, grounded, level-headed character go own this route. Can't believe this season is over already!

I found it tense, great character.

I hope it starts coming to a close soon though. Too many seasons is never a great thing, and it can get lost spacing things. This season has been excellent though. It's beeen building up to slippin Kimmy the whole show.

It has me hooked on what's going to happen to her. I wonder if her closing scene is a hint...

Soldato
For Kim unfortunately its either she leaves Jimmy (which is seeming less and less likely after the last two episodes), prison or death unfortunately. I have a problem with her dying because I don't feel like Saul in BB was damaged enough to have coped with the love of his life having died relatively recently. I know there needs to be some artistic license given this is a prequel, but it just wouldn't be believable for me. I guess she could get 'disappeared' to Canada like another character?

Soldato
What happens to Kim is going to be one of the most fascinating things in the final season. Prior to this season I assumed she'd be freaked out by Jimmy morphing into Saul Goodman and leave him, but that's looking unlikely now. She's kind of turning into Slippin' Kim a bit, I'm not sure if that's because of Jimmy's influence or whether she always had that in her, but I think prison or having to disappear are looking like the two most likely outcomes now.

Soldato
He was hardly threatening. Unsettling yes, but not threatening. Tuco on the other hand, lol, as if he would have just walked away with his tail between his legs.

So I just don't agree with people saying that scene was in the same league as BB. It wasn't.

Gus in his lab with Jesse/Walt after Gales execution, was tense.
Hank confronting Walt in his garage, was tense.
Or when Hank had Walt cornered and Welker's gang rolls up, that was etc etc.
This! I thought the last 10min that Everyone here seems to wet themselves on was good but not epic/masterpiece.

There are tons of better scenes in breaking bad then this

Back
Top Bottom