• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF1 poor FPS on my 1080ti

Soldato
Although I have spent a lot of money on this card, surely it will be relatively future proofed? Also if I decide to change to a 1440 / 4K monitor then I wont have any other hardware to change?

true, your future covered, as suggested Upscale your games- BF1 has the options Under Video/ Advanced setting > Resolution scale! bump this up to render the image at a higher res forcing the GPU to work harder

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&r...eQj_KsYb7tANHgvhgwD45xPA&ust=1500729796915619

Don't know what he's talking about, 650w G2 is a quality PSU, should be enough for your setup.

indeed, made by Superflower

Soldato
OP
I would recommend upgrading your motherboard bios to the latest version (F7) and then oc'ing your CPU to 3.9-4ghz.

I have the HD3 mobo, and that has the F3 BIOS which I have now installed..

If you max out every setting does the fps still stay the same?

No the FPS still drops, it doesnt stay maxed out..

Don't know what he's talking about, 650w G2 is a quality PSU, should be enough for your setup.

Yeah, thats what I thought, I assumed the EVGA make half decent quality PSUs?
true, your future covered, as suggested Upscale your games- BF1 has the options Under Video/ Advanced setting > Resolution scale! bump this up to render the image at a higher res forcing the GPU to work harder

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiSqvGlvJrVAhUMZFAKHR1tAWQQjRwIBw&url=https://forums.2k.com/archive/index.php/t-4292778.html&psig=AFQjCNGw-deQj_KsYb7tANHgvhgwD45xPA&ust=1500729796915619

indeed, made by Superflower

I will try upscaling then, and play around with some settings, see whats what!

bf1 loves cpu.so overclock it.it will help massively in big mp games.stock will definitley bottleneck the card.

Will a small OC still be OK in my stock cooler? It currently peaks around 65c under load..

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
No the FPS still drops, it doesnt stay maxed out..

That doesn't make sense if it was a bottleneck then increasing the settings shouldn't lower your FPS.

Looking at this graph running a 1080 doesnt look like the CPU is a bottleneck.

bf1_1920_1080.png

bf1_2560_1440.png

Do a clean uninstall of the drivers using DDU and see if that makes a difference.

Soldato
OP
Thanks again for the advice guys..

Is there no way I could OC a little on the current cooler? I asked before, but just to confirm, around 80c is the safe temp limits for a 1700 chip?

Soldato
OP
That doesn't make sense if it was a bottleneck then increasing the settings shouldn't lower your FPS.

Looking at this graph running a 1080 doesnt look like the CPU is a bottleneck.

bf1_1920_1080.png

bf1_2560_1440.png

Do a clean uninstall of the drivers using DDU and see if that makes a difference.

Yeah, when playing BF1 at lesser settings on 1080p the CPU and GPU usage is like in the 50% range

Associate
Thanks again for the advice guys..

Is there no way I could OC a little on the current cooler? I asked before, but just to confirm, around 80c is the safe temp limits for a 1700 chip?

Your processor shouldn't really bottleneck the 1080ti judging from the graph I posted above.

Max temp your CPU can take before throttling is 95c so spiking at 80c should be perfectly fine.

Soldato
OP
Your processor shouldn't really bottleneck the 1080ti judging from the graph I posted above.

Max temp your CPU can take before throttling is 95c so spiking at 80c should be perfectly fine.

OK great! I might try a modest OC on the current cooler, my other concern (according to HWM) is that my peak voltage on the CPU is bang on 1.400v :eek: Is that not too high for stock settings??

Associate
OK great! I might try a modest OC on the current cooler, my other concern (according to HWM) is that my peak voltage on the CPU is bang on 1.400v :eek: Is that not too high for stock settings??

1.400v is too high for stock clocks. Default Vcore will vary depending on workload and will range from 1.2-1.3625V. I would recommend you manually change it to 1.3625.

Default voltage for manual tuning should start at around 1.3625V, according to AMD. You should be fine pushing to 1.40V with a decent CPU cooler and up to 1.45V with a high-end dual-tower heatsink or dual-fan AIO radiator.

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom