• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF4 Retail CPU scaling measured

I more shocked at how well the £75 to £85 FX6300 is doing against much more expensive CPUs. Add the new game bundles into the mix(hopefully we will get them in the UK),and the value for money is very decent IMHO,especially for a game like BF4.

Last edited:
Hmm... Judging by that chart then it looks like I could get a rather sizable fps increase going from my i7 920 to an i7 4770k.

On a side point, someone actually benchmarked a FX 9590. Don't see that very often.

Last edited:
CPU bound all the way upto the 3970!?
Flipping hell.

Single player results?

AMD's work with the developers is definitely paying off with BF4.
Disappointed by the lack of Ivybridge, but meh.

FX6300 is ridiculous price/performance in BF4.

Those results are the first game to show AMD ahead against the i5 2500K.
Steamroller's got potential.

Last edited:
no ivybridge? shame the games cack tho:D

Wouldn't really change much in the hierarchy (Except being better than the FX6300, but well, it's a very moot victory)

For price/performance, the FX8320 is going to be unbeatable in BF4, overclocking it will yield better results, possibly surpassing the 4770K at stock for half the price.

AMD optimized instruction sets perhaps?

It'll be interesting to see after mantle, if it's for reducing the CPU bottleneck, surely all the results will get closer together (But, if this is the current state of play, if AMD ensured that you needed a full AMD system for mantle, they'd be pretty much nailing Intel left right and centre in BF4)

My anticipation of Steamroller = Over 9000!

It'll be interesting to see other results too (As I'm not a fan of 30 second runs, I don't play games in 30 seconds stints), especially multiplayer.

Last edited:
My i5 750 has been clocked at 4ghz since day one and I have every confidence in it being fine with BF4 :D.

I may need to upgrade my 6950 but I will see how things go first!

Since we're overclocked, our results won't look like that (It'd be interesting to actually see what the results would be if all maxed out). But not everyone overclocks.
Which is why I rate Techspot over everyone else for CPU benchmarks, as they overclock the CPU's.

Since we're overclocked, our results won't look like that (It'd be interesting to actually see what the results would be if all maxed out). But not everyone overclocks.
Which is why I rate Techspot over everyone else for CPU benchmarks, as they overclock the CPU's.

Well the AMD story is told looking at that. They show all the way up to the 8 core 5ghz. I have mine at 4.7 with stock temps, any higher and I get some heat lol.

Good to know how my game should perform, though of course I'll be testing it for myself :)

4770k still the one to have really, if you got the money :)

The 9590 isn't 5GHZ, it's 4.7GHZ, it's 5GHZ boost, but it won't be boosting in BF4.
At 5GHZ it's probably going to maybe reach parity or just pip the 4770K.

Bit silly it's bottlenecked all the way upto an i7 3970 (And even that could be bottlenecked), but then again, it's a 30 second play through, it could be a poor sequence they've used.

Last edited:
I'd assume an i7 860 is closer to the 930 than the 760 due to the hyper threading? Surprised at how well the old CPUs do!

That's because for years they were completely unnecessary unless you were doing business related work (like encoding, 3d etc).

People bought I7s just because they had four cores and four threads, even though they were never used.

Watch how the Phenom 2 1100t springs into life now too.

Back
Top Bottom