Biceps

Soldato
harris1986 said:
as i said i can get it cheap ;), and due to my work lifestyle i don't have the time to fully prepare meals containing high amounts of protein i.e. 40-50g per meal, so cyclone can actually aid my performance, yes supplements within this country are over-priced hence as i said before i get mine from abroad making them atleast £10-20 cheaper including shipping!

FYI - supplements work (FACT), some people benefit from certain supplements better than others yes, but as a whole they work! LA muscle norateen is a prime example of this!
It's worth £10 a kg, anymore and you're paying too much.. imho of course.

I probably use more supplements than everyone on this forum put together lol :D

FYI norateen is banned in this country ;)

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
It's worth £10 a kg, anymore and you're paying too much.. imho of course.

I probably use more supplements than everyone on this forum put together lol :D

FYI norateen is banned in this country ;)

FYI norateen original was banned yes, norateen heavyweight 2 is widely sold in the uk and is NOT BANNED

Soldato
harris1986 said:
FYI norateen original was banned yes, norateen heavyweight 2 is widely sold in the uk and is NOT BANNED

Off-topic but man what are your stats, height, weight etc?

Now I am a little confused here, you say you're a trained dietry consultant and a gym trainer. But that only gives me more reason to think, no, to expect that you should know that the basics are the best. You don't need all this cyclone, maximuscle rubbish when it's basically the same. The cheap stuff will do. Clearly the fact that people actually buy this stuff, is testament to advertisment, but please do yourself a favour and look around because you're only get ripped off day by day.

Also, I'd be interested to see your routine. Now, this isn't meant to sound harsh it is merely an observation but Chong Warrior seems infinately more knowledgeable about pretty much everything here, so what qualifications is it that you have, and how did you go about getting them?

Again, these are my observations and are no way intended as personal insult.

Soldato
i'm not getting into a debate of who is more knowledgable, but all i'm saying is chong has said that norateen is banned in this country this makes me doubt his knowledge as norateen is actually manufactured in london (i know as i have a pot next to me now ;)) as i said the ORIGINAL of norateen was banned due to it being deemed "too anabolic" the revision (norateen2 and norateen heavyweight 2) are not banned however!

as for my qualifications - Alevel in Sport science, NVQ level2 in sport and exercise, full gym instruction qualification, NVQ in sports coaching, and as said i have been trained as a dietary consultant.

from my time using supplements (2years) "i" have found that named brands i.e. muscletech,bsn,maximuscle,cytosport,La Muscle etc have given me guarateed gains! using lesser name brands is hit and miss on whether you get any gains at all. It goes back to peoples diet's too and their training programmes, if you really want my programme listed i can give you the details but it will be fairly extensive?

EDIT - i'm 6ft2, 75kg's and 20years old (been around fitness and diet concious since my early teens as i had a nutritionist when i was representing england in my sport, and others at county level)

Soldato
harris1986 said:
The original Norateen was a prohormone, that's why it was banned. Still overhyped rubbish though.

Norateen 2 is a totally different product and basically cr@p that's why it isn't banned ;) they used the marketing hype from the original to sell their "new and improved revision". The very fact they stuck HEAVYWEIGHT into the name says it all!!

There are a couple of interesting ingredients in Norateen II Heavyweight but it's just such a blatant rip-off. You'd get much better gains spending the money on some proven basics... like quality food ;)

EDIT - I never said anything about Norateen II being banned, it's a totally different product.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd be extremely interested in seeing your training routine. What are you personal goals, etc etc.

And also, what was/is your sport. I'm unsure of particular gains you are talking about, as I'd consider 6'2" and 75KGs light, I'm only 5'9" and I'm heavier than that, after only getting back into training after a 3 year lay off.you must be incredibly lean.

Anyway, if you could list your routine I'd be very interested in reading this.

Soldato
harris1986 said:
from my time using supplements (2years) "i" have found that named brands i.e. muscletech,bsn,maximuscle,cytosport,La Muscle etc have given me guarateed gains! using lesser name brands is hit and miss on whether you get any gains at all. It goes back to peoples diet's too and their training programmes, if you really want my programme listed i can give you the details but it will be fairly extensive?
Real world proof of quality ;)

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/?page=article&id=166

Soldato
Don't wanna jump on any member bashing here but harris1986 75kg is very light for your height mate. As with S7yl3s, i'm 5ft 9 and weigh 80kg (77kg if i trimmed down).
And you're only 20, with 2 years of supplement experience! (no offense intended, you can't do anything about your age).
My brother is 25 now, and is one of the most qualified people in the country for his age, as regards fitness coaching and nutrition (so he says).
His knowledge is very vast, BUT, its from text books and a little gym experience. I've been training in gyms for over 18 years, have tried most supplements and most bodybuilding routines. We disagree on quite a few things and he spouts quote from his textbooks. I know different cos i've tried it in the gym and have results from it, be it good or bad.

You sound a lot like my brother mate, and thats not meant to insult, i have a great deal of respect for my brothers learning, but its not experience related. Theory v Practical, always comes down to that.

You also mentioned that you prepare food in advance with meals containing 40-50g protein. Well matey, i defy your 75kg frame to assimilate that amount of protein in one meal. Nitrogen overload, just wasteful.

Generally though, I do agree that basic protein powder will be fine as a 'supplement', since most of your protein should come from proper food anyway.

I've not used myprotein yet, i always wait for gnc sales and use my gold card.
Side note: GNC made a cockup on their website recently and i bought 4 x tubs of 2268g of HP Creatine Mono. mix usually priced at £39.99 for £1 each :D

Soldato
i think you may have mis-interpretted my post i said due to my work i struggle to prepare meals of that nature so i have to use supplements to gain my sources of high protein.

and again i completely agree with you practical experience is a lot better than theory dexter jackson is a prime example iirc, he does very high reps for arms and finds this builds his arms up better than lower reps! everybody's bodie's are different if in any way i have mis-lead you otherwise i appolgise as i have best tried to say throughout my posts that any text based stuff is purely rule of thumb and a guide and not gospel! i know peoples bodie's are different as my arms respond better to higher reps and my back responds better from 6-8reps!

Soldato
6 foot 2 and 75kg? if you have been on suppliments for 2 years and making gains how light were you in the first place? I do not consider myself anywhere near my goals of not being too big but looking good IMO, and I am 80 on the nail! (put on 4lbs last week :cool: ) I'm quite lean and only 6 foot! you must have a pretty slim frame!

I would use you apparent frame and training legnth to boycott any products you use! Muscle size may not be you aim, but if so, why are you taking these suppliments??? There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board, I have an A-level in sports science (passed with an near perfect A grade, only subject I did well in), and about 8 months gym experience. I am by no means an expert and am learning every day. Someone with your qualifications should recognise the ingridients in such things as cyclone etc... are beneficial, but no more beneficial than proper suppliments such as those on myprotein.

It is good stuff and I wont be wasting any more money on corperate packaging and advertising, as good as reflex's products are I can get the same benefits for far less outlay!

Last edited:
Soldato
i was a very under-weight 66kg's when i was 18, my build is very lean. i am aware that i am not consuming enough calories within the day to make sufficient gains but as i have stated countlessly with work i find it very hard this is why i tend to use supplements to help give me the extra that i can't get while i'm working, i am a typical ectomorph!

Soldato
harris1986 said:
everybody's bodie's are different if in any way i have mis-lead you otherwise i appolgise as i have best tried to say throughout my posts that any text based stuff is purely rule of thumb and a guide and not gospel! i know peoples bodie's are different as my arms respond better to higher reps and my back responds better from 6-8reps!
Well said :)

Are you familiar with C.H.E.K. Institute?

Soldato
harris1986 said:
i was a very under-weight 66kg's when i was 18, my build is very lean. i am aware that i am not consuming enough calories within the day to make sufficient gains but as i have stated countlessly with work i find it very hard this is why i tend to use supplements to help give me the extra that i can't get while i'm working, i am a typical ectomorph!

Fair do's, I am the same, I really struggled and really have to have A LOT of calories. When I first started training I was making small gains and eating what i thaught was a lot, it was no-where near enough!! Just buy some MP whey 80, some creatine mono, and about 100g of oats, add that to your diet and that should see you right I'm hoping it wil sort me out! but its certainly going to be better than cyclone, and much much cheaper!!

Last edited:
Soldato
harris1986, ok mate fair enough, all understood now.

I certainly understand hard gaining and trouble consuming enough calories.

Calling all old school gymrats; remember Cybergenics Infiniti 3000? :rolleyes:
3000 calories per shake? Well i was on 7 meals a day AND a 3000 shake. And i still only weighed about 80kg, and that was about 13 years ago. I also trained 6 days per week and sensibly, and still i couldn't gain extra weight.
Lol, years later i found out that my training partner only gained weight cos the bugger had been on gear yet always denied it previously. :eek:

Soldato
k.Jacko said:
I certainly understand hard gaining and trouble consuming enough calories.

I'm the opposite. Have been gradually reducing my calorie intake over the last few weeks, but hardly dropped any weight (fat). My body just looooves being big :(.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
LA Muscle, Maximuscle, Norateen - names like that make me want to cry as it reminds me of how stupid I once was and how much money I wasted.

This is my account info from a supplement site, these figures are based on trade prices I paid, about 20% lower than what you'd normally pay online:

9794 29/11/2002 £75.82 Despatched
12733 10/02/2003 £51.43 Despatched
15445 01/04/2003 £25.17 Despatched
16481 21/04/2003 £52.52 Despatched
22062 18/07/2003 £69.19 Despatched
61863 22/08/2003 £50.14 Despatched
62357 01/09/2003 £43.86 Despatched
72392 24/02/2004 £35.66 Despatched
72811 01/03/2004 £61.02 Despatched
76950 26/04/2004 £82.41 Despatched

I reckon another £150 on top of that for bits and pieces bought elsewhere.

That's approx £650 in 17 months on supplements, a sickening waste and I wasn't even a big user of them :(

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Goatboy said:
LA Muscle, Maximuscle, Norateen - names like that make me want to cry as it reminds me of how stupid I once was and how much money I wasted.

This is my account info from a supplement site, these figures are based on trade prices I paid, about 20% lower than what you'd normally pay online:

9794 29/11/2002 £75.82 Despatched
12733 10/02/2003 £51.43 Despatched
15445 01/04/2003 £25.17 Despatched
16481 21/04/2003 £52.52 Despatched
22062 18/07/2003 £69.19 Despatched
61863 22/08/2003 £50.14 Despatched
62357 01/09/2003 £43.86 Despatched
72392 24/02/2004 £35.66 Despatched
72811 01/03/2004 £61.02 Despatched
76950 26/04/2004 £82.41 Despatched

I reckon another £150 on top of that for bits and pieces bought elsewhere.

That's approx £650 in 17 months on supplements, a sickening waste and I wasn't even a big user of them :(
noob :p

Back
Top Bottom