Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just managed to get round to cleaning mine up after I ragged it on the weekend. It was completely kecked in mud all over, and needed a bit of attention. All nice and clean now:

banshee2.jpg

Soldato
Just managed to get round to cleaning mine up after I ragged it on the weekend. It was completely kecked in mud all over, and needed a bit of attention. All nice and clean now:

banshee2.jpg

Very nice mate. Has any of the bike given you grief? I think i've sold like one and that guy basically pimped it so i don't know how durable they are as standard.

Got some pics of mine today with my new fone,fire them up once i get them off it.

dsc00032eb2.jpg

dsc00034sq0.jpg

dsc00035yb1.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
Very nice mate. Has any of the bike given you grief? I think i've sold like one and that guy basically pimped it so i don't know how durable they are as standard.

Got some pics of mine today with my new fone,fire them up once i get them off it.

dsc00032eb2.jpg

dsc00034sq0.jpg

dsc00035yb1.jpg

Looking good dude! Sometimes i miss my Big hit :(

Soldato
Looking good dude! Sometimes i miss my Big hit :(

You've got a damn glory :p Swap?

Nah its looks good,i was meant to buy goodrige hoses,new rear rim and bearings changed but the bikeshop don't seem to want me to spend money in there :confused:

Right now the main things i need to sort are the bearings and the headset,headset feels ******!

Soldato
Not had any problems from mine, except the gears are a bit out on the front at the moment. I want to get rid of the front mech though so its like yours single DH ring with a guide :)

Soldato
I haven't nope, but then I'd still have a front mech wouldn't I? I never shift usually - I always stay on the third ring on the front

The third ring :eek: Thats not good for chain wear! I'm hoping by the time you shift up the block to th gear you go to the middle ring?

Dual ring would mean you keep the mech,ditch the 44t ring and fit a bashguard. You could source a 26-36t combo if you wanted it a bit faster. Or go the full way and get abotu a 38t single ring! (mines a 36)

Soldato
I mean the biggest chainring on the front, thats the third yeah? Don't DH setups have just the largest ring on?

They do but the spacing is different.

| | | would be yours.

| | ] would be dual ring and bash

- | ] would be the setup i use.

The large ring in the centre lines up directly with the middle of the cassette at the rear so its equal wear both up and down the block.

Associate
how much did you pay for your revelation 426 i got the 2008 dual air with poploc for about £220 using numerous discounts.

btw I bottled it and got a shop to fit them.

Associate
Soldato
Does anyone know of any decent guides on how to fit forks?

I've just ordered some Rock Shox Revelation 426 U-Turn's and am wondering if it's best to try and fit them myself or get a bike shop to do it?

I've found this guide which doesn't look too bad. http://www.bikemagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=3025
You'll need to cut the steerer and fit the crown race.

That guide looks good enough, I'd just say measure the steerer, then measure again before you cut it.

Soldato
how much did you pay for your revelation 426 i got the 2008 dual air with poploc for about £220 using numerous discounts.

btw I bottled it and got a shop to fit them.

what discounts did you use and where did you buy them from? I've got the basic coil ones on order for £245, which is the cheapest I could find, but I've got the option to cancel as they're not in stock. If you could let me know how you got them so cheap that'd be awesome!

As for fitting them, i'll have a look when i get them, but the whole steerer cutting thing makes me edgy! Would be a right pain in the **** if i cut the steerer at a wonky angle or something. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom