Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Bit more on the Evil Uprising for those interested apparently stock will be in the country and for sale around the 30th of this month...

Also looks like it will be able to take a piggyback shock, weight for all those concerned is aiming to be sub 6lbs without shock so not the lightest but not the heaviest.

Bike Rumour Evil Uprising

Associate
Aye it has definitely been mentioned! Depends how big that Hans Dampf was in there, because their larger volumes are absolutely huge, not the roomiest though. I would really like to see one in my hands before money is exchanged, saying that like i can afford it!

Soldato
Bit more on the Evil Uprising for those interested apparently stock will be in the country and for sale around the 30th of this month...

Also looks like it will be able to take a piggyback shock, weight for all those concerned is aiming to be sub 6lbs without shock so not the lightest but not the heaviest.

Bike Rumour Evil Uprising

Was all into it, then saw the geo chart on biketart's site (could be wrong, just looks well off) ... and the price tag.

http://www.biketart.com/325510/products/evil-uprising-frame.aspx

Associate
Price is about what I expected tbh, geo wise have to wait and see until more sources are around the numbers I've previously seen looked reasonable for the type of bike.

I'd just like something new and shiny at the end of the year I think, it's either turn my Mega into a HT enduro bike and get a DH weapon or just keep going with a nice do it all kind of thing.

Soldato
Turn your mega into what?

The geo sounds incorrect, the low setting make sense, but Stack is 600mm, that's the biggest headtube I've ever seen! By putting a 160mm fork on instead of a 150mm, your head angle goes from 66.5degs to 64! Hmmm, doesn't sound right.

Associate
Fair enough. I only skimmed them, most of the numbers I've seen are almost a year old, like I said have to see when some bikes actually get out there for some reviews and to be seen etc.

All i meant was transfer my mega parts to an Enduroish HT ala the Shan or similar and then get a full DH bruiser again! Have to see how the alps and bank balances pan out.

Associate
Great run out at the new trails @Mary Peters Track (N.I.) must have been out for 5hrs+ :D

Unfortunately when we got back to the car park I realized I'd been riding on a slow leak puncture - no idea when it happened though.

Just wanted to ask - how reliable are puncture repairs? Are they mainly for getting you home? Or would I be safer getting a new tube with my MTB Course and trip to england next week?

Caporegime
Great run out at the new trails @Mary Peters Track (N.I.) must have been out for 5hrs+ :D

Unfortunately when we got back to the car park I realized I'd been riding on a slow leak puncture - no idea when it happened though.

Just wanted to ask - how reliable are puncture repairs? Are they mainly for getting you home? Or would I be safer getting a new tube with my MTB Course and trip to england next week?

For the price of tubes? Get another tube.

I carry a spare with me, if I get a flat I'd just replace it with the tube and repair if I get another.

Soldato
U shut it. :D man I wish I could whip like that. Got ok for a while then the skill went. Taking out a friends daughter this weekend. Her folks just bought her a decent mountain bike so will be cool to give her a good start. She got hooked on Morray Monster Trails a few months back. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom