Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Damn. Plan today as I didn't get out yesterday due to family stuff was to do more family stuff today then nip out for a quick few loops of Auchengean etc just now before it gets darker. But I woke up this morning with what I thought was just a stuffy nose and sore throat - it's now evolving into full blown man-flu and I'm not about to go out and pound the trails anywhere. I absolutely hate it when you can't get out on the bike when you want to, downside of the addiction to cycling I suppose. :(

Caporegime
I've put a scratch in my frame :)() that's down to the bare metal. Its an aluminium frame so shouldn't rust, but should I patch it up or cover it with something?

Also my High Sierra hydration pack is leaking from the mouth piece so I get a soaked under arm and thigh. Can the mouth pieces be replaced? If not, any suggestions for a good hydration pack? I want the smallest posssible that still has decent carrying capacity (I use it for walking to so it needs to hold a waterproof jacket plus other things).

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've put a scratch in my frame :)() that's down to the bare metal. Its an aluminium frame so shouldn't rust, but should I patch it up or cover it with something?

Also my High Sierra hydration pack is leaking from the mouth piece so I get a soaked under arm and thigh. Can the mouth pieces be replaced? If not, any suggestions for a good hydration pack? I want the smallest posssible that still has decent carrying capacity (I use it for walking to so it needs to hold a waterproof jacket plus other things).

I have tons of scratches on mine now, I don't bother covering it up. I'm just going to drop/come off it again and again. It is my first bike though and I do take it across some very rocky sections so I see no point just now.

You can get new mouth pieces, I got a cheapo bag and the one from my other camelbak fitted on.

Also depends how much you want to spend?

Caporegime
Well the High Sierra was a steal at £20, which is why I would prefer to keep it. Most comparable ones are twice the price.

Where did you get the replacement mouth pieces from?

Associate
Decided today, that after watching the Joyride last night/this morning, that, for that first time in my life, I needed to learn a trick.

Here is the outcome.

560804_10151793983918256_1805398055_n.jpg

Soldato
more companies joining the single ring progress with their version of the SRAM ring

FSA Megatooth Chain Ring

SRAM holding the rights to narrow/wide chain ring tooth shaping hasn't stopped other brands from putting out their own rings using the same approach, although it looks like we may see the American company take action on this front in the near future. FSA took a different approach to the same task, though, with their Megatooth chain ring's extra tall and slightly hooked teeth that likely skirt any of the legal issues that surrounds the narrow/wide concept. FSA claims that the design offers the same sort of chain retention, with no troubles being reported during testing without any sort of chain guide mounted.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/FSA-K-Force-Brake-and-Megatooth-Chain-Ring-first-look.html

Associate
Why is it that I can survive the alps with no real damage to bike or myself but a quick evening blast around my local and BAM bent back wheel and big bruises to come?!

Associate
Ouch!

Tbh all I have is a bit of a pringle in the back wheel serves me right thought the spokes were a tad loose when I set off. More annoyed as I was flying around having a really good ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom