Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Last year we had a Glentress trip and a wales trip but I missed that one due to a car accident :mad:

I would say Dalby is worth a weekend trip, plenty there to do with the red, black, world cup XC route and jump park.

Thats cool, about when will the next one be? do you guys just meet up on the trails or do you share accomadation?

Soldato
Thats cool, about when will the next one be? do you guys just meet up on the trails or do you share accomadation?

Last time we all met up on the Friday and shared a lodge thing over Fri+Sat night which had 5 beds, plus simple things such as a microwave and kettle inside it. There was a shower room in another building and other things. It's much nicer than it sounds and I think we were all rather impressed by it all. We rode Glentress and Innerleithen last time.

Personally I think we should make it a 3 day trip this time, it's a very long way to go just for 1 and a half days riding.
Glentress XC day
Inner XC day
Inner uplift day

You know it makes sense ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
2 Wales trips. ;)

Ah yes I forgot about Cwmcarn!

Not sure when yet but thinking April, we will most likely as last time get some accommodation. I did enjoy the wigwams at Glentress it was like having an on piste chalet :D

Soldato
The Coedy Wales meet up was great - I ended up doing a lap by myself because everyone pulled out :/

I probably can't make April. I have a Wales trip booked for 1st-4th April and some XC races on other weekends

Last edited:
Associate
Last time we all met up on the Friday and shared a lodge thing over Fri+Sat night which had 5 beds, plus simple things such as a microwave and kettle inside it. There was a shower room in another building and other things. It's much nicer than it sounds and I think we were all rather impressed by it all. We rode Glentress and Innerleithen last time.

Personally I think we should make it a 3 day trip this time, it's a very long way to go just for 1 and a half days riding.
Glentress XC day
Inner XC day
Inner uplift day

You know it makes sense ;)

That sounds good! What trails did you guys do, the black? I'm just trying to get an idea of the skill level

Soldato
Some parts of the Glentress black were great - mostly due to the scenery and the odd very fast, rocky descent, however if you're not very fit then be prepared to take your time getting round, I had to grind in the granny ring pretty much the whole time and had an epic lul of energy towards the end.

Associate
I like my colours brash! :D

Since you ask
20100811-1gm65hak8pftgrf14w366mx7gt.jpg

What size is this Ichabod and how tall are you?

Ive got my eye on a 2009 heckler frame but its a medium and im unsure if its going to be ok for me being 5ft 11

Thanks

Associate
watching 127 hours at the moment :)

Wrong thread?

Some parts of the Glentress black were great - mostly due to the scenery and the odd very fast, rocky descent, however if you're not very fit then be prepared to take your time getting round, I had to grind in the granny ring pretty much the whole time and had an epic lul of energy towards the end.

I loved the first section and the part in the trees at the end. It is a hell of a climb though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom