*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
Not to mention the change to your face! Great stuff!

I'm still grinding away with weights and occasional cardio whilst doing cyclicle keto to keep myself sane. Carby lunch & snacks on Sunday (after weigh in! :p )

Caporegime
I don't know how on earth Garmin calculates its calories burned throughout the day (I guess it thinks you're doing exercise whenever your heart rate is above normal, which happens when I get anxious about something) but it thinks I've burned 1200 kcals today. I only did a 40 minute walk/run this morning so can't see it being that high amount. I'm still teetering on the edge of 90kg. I will probably do a jig if it ever gets to 89.95 on my scales and celebrate by eating pizza. LMAO.

Soldato
OP
Started my weight loss a month ago doing weights and BoxVR for cardio, according to the scales i haven't lost anything but i feel like i have, maybe the weight has just been evenly distributed is that a thing :confused:

Still i am happy with the results so far :)

xAC2OGStkq494evhfldS4BiFJxYEdlB_ayloFVeQ7Y6KuIB2QNG5k9RhYsRyjVJ8JV2Ec3GuVO3L6qgFSXVyXKowGNHz71DQmDQBCW2HDi0kcYXQvHPK7PKZSgdOzHNtjs1yx3or4FQfq150SDcxP1mvJPQV8si7JMN_BVo2FP6fS63Cor3rpG0lNY8VGGs66V636PenLvclKNwmbSrHVGGhWxk8VzFdz2G2Kfr2yN56q1xdQCrAZmXWT7wr3P4nftcRV-jCsD7pApCqpxUJG-tDZraT529JPL71nqBh2ziV6FoUJK5TzB_AZqghCMlS2KzcuBmyH4eqF5iAxai7TRvSeurEh7M6s3mNmKBIEIfvlQRyIVs0eIKakhO4Az-GeDZbhZZqOSA_KTKYQIES5xAH2bd1-91hawY1n0vHuRwGqGZsPqOzws2PetuQATBBj98sObHaRqFGtz7CPf6P_dRCGL8_RAk9JyufUwOsD48cCLLwrmrTDTUITNHU2ge9N5iacDS4tM5UCFihksoss943FJVEiFLtuXdG751FCFyairSTPrnt2u1ilEE83bJnKcVzpjqEyIcHNRzgEuX-qXfccVrWh-xd8VVEqehlaWakIBvK9BSC-xjXB7IBAtGmm-8TEiIx1MtNnpUg13lkplU_8APhijyOw7dLNehvlvHbUppefr12w-WaTMdj=w700-h450-no

I guess it's just me that doesn't see an image, just a grey circle like a no entry sign? :( Well done though, keep up the hard work!

I've definitely been eating more over the last few weeks and have put a few lbs on, I was 6lb up on my lightest a few days ago. I'm happy with my weight though, still cycling a lot and still have a good shape. I'm hoping fuelling my training with more calories is meaning I'm putting a little muscle mass back on too as part of the weight gain.

UXB

UXB

Associate
There's no feel about that, your gut is tiny compared to how it used to be!

Well done there man!

Thanks, i must say i didn't really notice any changes looking in the mirror everyday, but now i have compared the pics it has given me a lot of motivation to keep going :)

I guess it's just me that doesn't see an image, just a grey circle like a no entry sign? :(

Not sure why pic isn't showing, i just used google photos, here i have tried using imgur, hopefully it will show now :confused:

AAY0sRp.png

Soldato
2 litres a day?! Sugar filled as well? If so you must feel awful/amazing depending on how you're coping with it!

As I mentioned still working hard in the gym and eating (mostly) right. Weight is remaining fairly static (and too high) but I'm clearly stacking on muscle - I can feel the difference in my back/arms/legs already. Too shy for photos though.

Soldato
I've never bothered with photos much, but i do kind of wish i had now.

Also, to highlight the poster above about weight/size. I'm now the lightest i've been in a long time at around 95kg. The last time i was this weight was around 2016, and at that time i was spending a lot of time in the gym doing weights aswell as cardio, whereas now i generally only run, as such i'd say i don't have much in the way of muscle, especially in the upper body.

The other day i got a bag of old clothes from the loft and thought, "oh i'm the same weight as when i bought this top, so it'll fit again". Nope it was still incredibly tight and i wouldn't wear it now, even though i'm the same weight, i was definitely a lot thinner/athletic looking, with better definition and less fatty lumps.

Caporegime
I don't know what the flip to do. I seem to be stuck at a plateau now. If I try reducing calories, the weight isn't affected at all. It's been a few weeks since I was using my dumbbells, looks like I should make the effort and get them going again. Another option is to reduce carbs further (from 130g to 50g) and see if ketosis will start me off again. I just don't like the idea of giving up some food groups again though, even if it's only for a couple of months. :(

Soldato
I know it seems counter intuitive but I’ve found that having a few days of high calories (say 3000) and then getting back on a reduced level really kick starts things back up again.

Have you been reducing your intake as your weight has decreased? I know MFP has dropped my suggested calories by around 300 a day since I first started to account for the weight loss so far.

Soldato
OP
I don't know what the flip to do. I seem to be stuck at a plateau now. If I try reducing calories, the weight isn't affected at all. It's been a few weeks since I was using my dumbbells, looks like I should make the effort and get them going again. Another option is to reduce carbs further (from 130g to 50g) and see if ketosis will start me off again. I just don't like the idea of giving up some food groups again though, even if it's only for a couple of months. :(

How many calories are you currently eating a day and what cardio are you doing?

Soldato
OP
I would say simply up the movement, which is often what people struggle with. Between an hour and an hour and a half of low level exercise, for an entire week, if the rest is spent on your bum, isn't a lot :)

When I was losing weight I was creating in excess of a 1,000 calorie deficit. This led to around a stone a month coming off. (1,700 calories in and between 600 and 1,000 in exercise a day, 6 days a week)

Soldato
I'd probably drop it a little further.

Whenever i do those calculators i always put i'm the least active choice as even though i exercise quite a bit, when i'm not i'm pretty much sat around being lazy. I then add the extra calories on top on those days and try and base it on that.

My Fitness Pal has me on a goal of 1500 calories/day. Which is based on a BMR of 1947 with the 500kcal defecit. (Age 34/190cm/95.1kg)

UXB

UXB

Associate
Yeah, I see it now, thanks. Clear difference, well done. That's fantastic for just 1 months work, right? You must be pleased?

Thanks, yeah it's only been a month since i started exercising and i'm well chuffed with the results, i think taking pics was a good idea as looking in the mirror everyday i really couldn't see much of a change but when i compared the pics i was shocked :eek:

I believe BoxVr has a lot to do with it, i have never liked any form of cardio as i could never get motivated until i tried working out in VR, i love playing video games and when you combine the two it's a match made made in heaven, it's easy to play/workout for an hour without even realising it.
I'm going to purchase some of the other games listed in the app to mix it up a bit, but for me it's a win win situation :)

There's a lot of info here

https://vrhealth.institute/vr_exercise_tracker/

1VBR3eq.png

Soldato
2 litres a day?! Sugar filled as well? If so you must feel awful/amazing depending on how you're coping with it!

As I mentioned still working hard in the gym and eating (mostly) right. Weight is remaining fairly static (and too high) but I'm clearly stacking on muscle - I can feel the difference in my back/arms/legs already. Too shy for photos though.

Yep they were full sugar ones I drank. I actually feel better for it already, did have a couple of headaches early this week but a coffee sorted those out.

I have been drinking a couple of cans of Pepsi Max a day and drinking a lot more water too.

Caporegime
Wowzers, almost a month gone by since the last update.

Not really changed anything my end apart from dropping total intake from about 1800 to about 1600 kcals. It seems to have done the trick, this morning touched 86.9kg on the scales so managed to break through that stubborn 90kg barrier. Still got about 10kg to go yet so well on track for doing it by Christmas. Then I'll probably put a load on again once I start on the stollen.

Back
Top Bottom