*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
After a 6 week maintenance phase today I begin my next cut phase, hopefully this doesnt take as long as phase 1 and gets me to my goal weight! I have 6-10 weeks planned for this part, lets see how we go!

Caporegime
After a 6 week maintenance phase today I begin my next cut phase, hopefully this doesnt take as long as phase 1 and gets me to my goal weight! I have 6-10 weeks planned for this part, lets see how we go!

Good luck!

I've set myself a 90-day timer from today. I have 90 days worth of multivits and 90 days worth of potassium tablets. So after that point, whatever happens, I'm quitting keto and going back to eating "normally".

Soldato
I've got a keto reprieve - missus has a health issue that means keto isn't the best choice for her at this time, therefore no support needed from myself - can't say i'm disappointed really :D

Caporegime
Think I've finally confirmed running isn't for me, not that I ever had a love for it. My legs just don't play well after I've used the treadmill and having the same twinges and feelings as last time (one leg temporarily stopped working, varicose veins, weird pains/twinges probably compounded by my hypermobility).

Fortunately cycling is fine with them and squash - which I find weird as I would have thought this is more high impact but I only play very sparingly. Also enjoying being back at the gym and mixing it up with cycling and VR. Getting under 90kg is the goal, I have yet to do it across all these years but feel better about this attempt.

Soldato
Struggling with the carnivore diet because cooking meat is a real pita. Everything stinks of meat and hate constantly washing up. I can feel meat seeping out of my skin, yuck.
How much meat are you trying to eat as well? Still need to track for example if your goal is to lose weight.

Associate
So down to 112.5KGs this week from 116 when I started IF.

Finding it really straight forward now, not sure if this rate will continue. I’m not convinced this is water weight as I lost some weight before I started (down from 120kg at the start of the year.)

Associate
Fellas, I really need to lose some flab.
Since the wife left me, I have been living off takeaways and that's caused me to balloon.

I am 5'3 and currently weigh 73 kilos. I need to get down to 65 kilos. Most of my flab is in my belly and my thighs.

I don't work out or go to the gym. I have an excercise bike and a 10kilo weights at home.
I need to get in shape to be an eligible bachelor again!

Soldato
OP
I assume you are asking for some advice on how to do this? Many people here have success in many different ways, so it's up to you to choose the way that is most likely to work for you.

I would suggest you try and change your lifestyle rather than go for something with a high immediate impact. The main thing to remember, it's energy in versus energy out. MOVE MORE and EAT LESS. It's really that simple. (Simple, but not easy :rolleyes: )

I would recommend installing MyFitnessPal and tracking EVERYTHING that you eat. This in itself often makes you eat less. Depending on what you calculate you currently eat, set a lower calorie target. Probably around 2,000.

Then, depending on your current level of fitness set a simple target. "I want to be able to run 5K under 30 minutes by {insert date here}". Again, depending on your fitness, maybe start with brisk 20 minute walks every day, without fail. Work towards your goal increasing distance or speed every few days.

Weight changes through the day and even day by day, so I recommend regular weigh-ins (first thing in the morning, before breakfast) to see the trend, not the snapshot.

Caporegime
Dayum, this past week was tough. Felt quite ill at times with a couple of days of the squits. Presumably body still adjusting to this low carb malarkey. Running still feels a bit sluggish but it's hard to know whether that's due to the slow transition to fat burning or after effects of CoViD. Anyhoo, down another 1.2kg at 80.4kg. So close to getting in the 70s again!

@ATiRubyfan Put your figures into this web page and calculate how many calories you should eat to lose weight. Then with tracking on MyFitnessPal (or Cronometer) you can see how much you are actually eating.

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds rough but hope you're starting to feel a bit better @ic1male.

I just can't drop my calories, no matter what I do I always seem to be on the higher side come the end of the day, I just don't like feeling hungry lol. 7 day average this week is 2785 calories :( Although have hit 14lb lost since beginning of Feb and feeling loads better through better food choices, no alcohol and higher amounts of protein all helping too I guess. Feel a lot more refreshed after sleep too, I just need to remember all this for when I inevitably relapse :cry:

Soldato
Dayum, this past week was tough. Felt quite ill at times with a couple of days of the squits. Presumably body still adjusting to this low carb malarkey. Running still feels a bit sluggish but it's hard to know whether that's due to the slow transition to fat burning or after effects of CoViD. Anyhoo, down another 1.2kg at 80.4kg. So close to getting in the 70s again!
I don't know the full science terminology etc but even when full adapted to Keto I think your maximum power output will always be lower than having carbs/glycogen stores in your body. Hope I haven't butchered that explanation. It could just be a case of adjusting to a new normal or you might still be adapting as you've alluded to.

Caporegime
Sounds rough but hope you're starting to feel a bit better @ic1male.

I just can't drop my calories, no matter what I do I always seem to be on the higher side come the end of the day, I just don't like feeling hungry lol. 7 day average this week is 2785 calories :( Although have hit 14lb lost since beginning of Feb and feeling loads better through better food choices, no alcohol and higher amounts of protein all helping too I guess. Feel a lot more refreshed after sleep too, I just need to remember all this for when I inevitably relapse :cry:

Thanks. Congrats on your loss so far.

This is what is amazing me - there have only been a couple of occasions when I was absolutely ravenous before the evening meal but most of the time, there's no desire to snack or anything. I very nearly gave in the other day when I was ill. I thought it was my body's way of saying I needed more sugar. I started boiling the kettle, put a tea bag in the cup and reached for a big slice of genoa cake. Then I realised what I was doing and put it back along with the tea bag. I don't want to quit this early.

I have to say, even though I hate not being able to have certain foods, this style of diet really fits me. All the macros seem to just fit in perfect harmony without me having to try!

Yesterday as an example -
fqgTBGR.png

Soldato
Fellas, I really need to lose some flab.
Since the wife left me, I have been living off takeaways and that's caused me to balloon.

I am 5'3 and currently weigh 73 kilos. I need to get down to 65 kilos. Most of my flab is in my belly and my thighs.

I don't work out or go to the gym. I have an excercise bike and a 10kilo weights at home.
I need to get in shape to be an eligible bachelor again!

As AndyCr15 has advised its all about tracking, knowing what you are eating and how much you need to eat to achieve your goals. Although i would warn, give your size its not going to be a lot of calories!
I would recommend installing MyFitnessPal and tracking EVERYTHING that you eat. This in itself often makes you eat less. Depending on what you calculate you currently eat, set a lower calorie target. Probably around 2,000.
For reference im 5'7" and exercise 4 days per week at the gym doing weights, and hit 10k steps per day consistently and i was maintaining weight during my recent maintenance phase on 2.2k-2.3k cals per day, when i want to drop weight i have to go down to 1.8k or below to do this!

Associate
Thanks. Congrats on your loss so far.

This is what is amazing me - there have only been a couple of occasions when I was absolutely ravenous before the evening meal but most of the time, there's no desire to snack or anything. I very nearly gave in the other day when I was ill. I thought it was my body's way of saying I needed more sugar. I started boiling the kettle, put a tea bag in the cup and reached for a big slice of genoa cake. Then I realised what I was doing and put it back along with the tea bag. I don't want to quit this early.

I have to say, even though I hate not being able to have certain foods, this style of diet really fits me. All the macros seem to just fit in perfect harmony without me having to try!
Well done sticking to it, no cravings is definitely a game changer. What app are you using to track? I'm yet to find something better than MFP but it's becoming slower and slower with every update.

Caporegime
Well done sticking to it, no cravings is definitely a game changer. What app are you using to track? I'm yet to find something better than MFP but it's becoming slower and slower with every update.

The iOS app is a bit clunky but the web version does me just fine.

Back
Top Bottom