Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
I think a far more important aspect of the meal is the quality of the food than whether or not the food is delivered to you on a plate.

Completely agree. Patty and Bun burgers come in a paper wrapper and that is it however currently it is my number one burger. Would I prefer it on a plate? Possibly but there is no way that it's presentation will stop me from having them every time I go to London and it certainly doesn't detract from what is an amazing burger.

Caporegime
I think a far more important aspect of the meal is the quality of the food than whether or not the food is delivered to you on a plate.

Well this is why for me all it is "is a fancy BK" if they served it on a plate and delivered it to the table then I think it would be worthy of a visit.

It was a genuinely horrible experience when I went to 5 guys. Rammed with people, took a while to order. Then had to stand around waiting for it to be made. Then had to grab napkins, etc. Then I walked about looking for a table on the ground floor, then on the first floor then back to the ground floor to sit and eat awkwardly on a barstool with people right on top of me either side.

After that I didn't really care how good the burger was tbh. To be charged £15 for that kind of experience I'd honestly rather go to BK if I fancy a burger, however nando's is my go to for a chain and spending around £15 a head.

I was also amazed at the number of kids (under 16) in the place, full of them. When I was that age out with my mates in town I'd usually grab a greggs for £2.

Permabanned
Can't help but agree with Sonny on Five Guys. The one in Birmingham City Centre is ALWAYS rammed full of people. After my first time there I'll never go again. Like Sonny, had to wait at least 10 minutes in a cue before being served, then had to wait for it to be prepared, then look for a seat. Eventually just sat on the benches outside. I know they can't really control how popular they've become, but the burger wasn't even that good. WAYYYY too expensive for what is essentially a tarted up maccies.

Caporegime
Can't help but agree with Sonny on Five Guys. The one in Birmingham City Centre is ALWAYS rammed full of people. After my first time there I'll never go again. Like Sonny, had to wait at least 10 minutes in a cue before being served, then had to wait for it to be prepared, then look for a seat. Eventually just sat on the benches outside. I know they can't really control how popular they've become, but the burger wasn't even that good. WAYYYY too expensive for what is essentially a tarted up maccies.

That is the exact one I visited. It was my first time and likely my last. I was only in Birmingham for the day (6 hours or so) and had time to kill before I caught my flight back however I just wanted to get out of there as soon as I had finally got a seat. Couldn't enjoy the meal at all. I didn't fancy sitting outside either as the weather wasn't the best.

The burger joints in grand central station - 2 minute walk away are 10 times better and cheaper

Permabanned
That is the exact one I visited. It was my first time and likely my last. I was only in Birmingham for the day (6 hours or so) and had time to kill before I caught my flight back however I just wanted to get out of there as soon as I had finally got a seat. Couldn't enjoy the meal at all. I didn't fancy sitting outside either as the weather wasn't the best.

The burger joints in grand central station - 2 minute walk away are 10 times better and cheaper

Aha small world!

You're tight about the places in Grand Central too. There's also a Handmade Burger Co not so far away which is my personal favourite.

Man of Honour
There's some great places for quick food in Brum to be honest a lot of the pubs/bars/whatever you want to call them have really stepped up their food game, I wouldn't go back to Five guys unless I was with someone that for whatever reason absolutely had to try it and no where else would do.

Caporegime
There's some great places for quick food in Brum to be honest a lot of the pubs/bars/whatever you want to call them have really stepped up their food game, I wouldn't go back to Five guys unless I was with someone that for whatever reason absolutely had to try it and no where else would do.

Last time I was their for the day I went to "The Keg and Grill"

http://thekegandgrill.co.uk/

I think I had mains plus 3 pints for less than £20. It's a bit of a trek (15 mins on foot) from the bull ring however it was quite near the hotel work had put me up in.

I managed to watch the footy at the time too I think it was the Euros.

I'd definitely visit again if I was in the area. Not only fantastic food but a fantastic pub.

Permabanned

Indeed! About the only thing Brum has going for it xD

Speaking of which, went to Pho on Friday night with the lady friend. One of my favourite places to eat now. There noodle soup portions are RIDICULOUS! Not yet been able to finish a whole bowl even on an empty stomach. Can be a little cramped some times so I advise going mid week, early lunch time.

Permabanned
Stumbled in one today in Liverpool

Had the double bacon cheeseburger with tomato and fried onion and fries.

Was really nice but way over priced I thought.

Soldato
Speaking of which, went to Pho on Friday night with the lady friend. One of my favourite places to eat now. There noodle soup portions are RIDICULOUS! Not yet been able to finish a whole bowl even on an empty stomach. Can be a little cramped some times so I advise going mid week, early lunch time.
Off topic but I've tried Pho a couple of times and not been very impressed. Thin, watery broth with not much flavour apart from what you add to it. I much prefer all the ramen places -- I'm very lucky to be near loads of them. Kanada-Ya, Tonkotsu, Bone Daddies :o

Soldato
Not much mention of Byron burger in here. Maybe a little expensive but the service has been good and the Burgers have never failed to disappoint. Especially their Smokey burger.

I also tried "Bread Meats Bread" two branches in Glasgow and one in Edinburgh. They were decent but Byron was far superior.

Soldato
Byron Burger is ok but I'd rather go to Five Guys or GBK.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good burger in Nottingham? I'm there tomorrow for a meeting that should finish around lunchtime.

Associate
Byron Burger is ok but I'd rather go to Five Guys or GBK.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good burger in Nottingham? I'm there tomorrow for a meeting that should finish around lunchtime.
Annie's Burger Shack is by far the best place in Nottingham - waiting times can sometimes be abit of a pain however the food is top notch.

http://www.anniesburgershack.com/

Back
Top Bottom