Bike nicked

Soldato
Got back to the spot I parked my bike this morning to find it missing.:(

Spoke to campus security and they have clear footage at 13:20 today of two scrotes hanging around it then riding off on it. My disc lock was of no help it seems.
Police have taken the details but it is so very obviously low (i.e. no) priority despite the bike having been seen a couple of hours later riding around the city centre.

Gutted, and especially so knowing that I'll get a pittance back on insurance and will have a long drawn out fight for even that.
20140725_162044-1_zpsfnsx02zw.jpg

Man of Honour
They weigh a ton, but in the UK I bring mine with me everywhere.

I get looked at funny if I even put the steering lock on in Switzerland.

Soldato
Did you not have an almax chain on it?

Going off on a tangent here, but I went with the Pragmasis Protector 16mm and untouchable lock.

The untouchable lock is a beast of a thing, too big to be used as a discs lock on my Tiger however.

Soldato
OP
Well I'll be jiggered! Just got a call to say the bike has been recovered and the police have 3 in custody. Bike has been recovered and is awaiting forensic testing before it is released.

Anyone got any idea of police recovery and storage costs or how this tpft claim is likely to run?

Do the police release it to me to get repair quotes or does insurance handle that side of it?

Soldato
Well I'll be jiggered! Just got a call to say the bike has been recovered and the police have 3 in custody. Bike has been recovered and is awaiting forensic testing before it is released.

Anyone got any idea of police recovery and storage costs or how this tpft claim is likely to run?

Do the police release it to me to get repair quotes or does insurance handle that side of it?

Result!! :)

One

One

Soldato
Problem with bikes is you only need two blokes to put it on a pickup (with a bit of a struggle aye) and then they can get their angle grinders at the chains in whatever time suits them.

Excellent news! Hopefully damage is minimal! You shouldn't have to pay anything it will be charged to the scrotes that nicked it!

Associate

having had a bike stolen and recovered , its 150 ish for the recovery and about 40 a day for storage but this will differ based on the recovery firms rates

Back
Top Bottom