Bike nicked

Soldato
Well the scrote who stole it was in court yesterday.
He has an extensive list of previous similar convictions and showed zero remorse.

His sentence? 80 hours community service and an £80 fine, £60 of which was a 'Victim Surcharge', none of which comes my way and in essence I pay regardless as he's on benefits and will be having it stopped from his 'wage'.

Entirely depressing.

Oh, and to add insult to injury I still haven't been paid out from the theft.

80 hours community service? What a ****take. :mad:

Man of Honour
80 hours community service? What a ****take. :mad:

We have a prolific moped and bike thief in my area. He's a one man crime spree and we have managed to get him locked up for a bit, but as soon as he's out he's out stealing again. He recently got another sentence reduced on appeal to basically nothing. We spend so much time getting a conviction for the courts to do absolutely nothing, it's so frustrating.

Soldato
OP
The recovery/repairs agent (4th Dimensions) have consistently dragged their feet at every step of the process. Since October they have 'apparently' been trying to get the police report on the theft. I have a formal complaint lodged with the insurer and will today be escalating to the ombudsman if I don't get the promised callback today from the insurer with some news.

Associate
He has an extensive list of previous similar convictions and showed zero remorse.

His sentence? 80 hours community service and an £80 fine, £60 of which was a 'Victim Surcharge', none of which comes my way and in essence I pay regardless as he's on benefits and will be having it stopped from his 'wage'.

Entirely depressing.

We have a prolific moped and bike thief in my area. He's a one man crime spree and we have managed to get him locked up for a bit, but as soon as he's out he's out stealing again. He recently got another sentence reduced on appeal to basically nothing. We spend so much time getting a conviction for the courts to do absolutely nothing, it's so frustrating.

The recovery/repairs agent (4th Dimensions) have consistently dragged their feet at every step of the process. Since October they have 'apparently' been trying to get the police report on the theft. I have a formal complaint lodged with the insurer and will today be escalating to the ombudsman if I don't get the promised callback today from the insurer with some news.

This here is why I hate this countries justice system! You get more punishment for having a pee against a tree in a forest in the middle of nowhere because you are desperate than you do for committing a real crime!

To add to injury you still haven't been paid, it is a joke and I hope you get more than you are supposed to from that company like mentioned above some kind of compensation. Sucks to read this story!

Soldato
OP
Well, after having a bit of a rant at the insurer and notifying them that I'm contacting the ombudsman today I have had a final settlement of full value plus a guarantee that it will be paid by the close of business tomorrow. I should have ranted sooner...

Soldato
Well, after having a bit of a rant at the insurer and notifying them that I'm contacting the ombudsman today I have had a final settlement of full value plus a guarantee that it will be paid by the close of business tomorrow. I should have ranted sooner...

Good result on the insurance side at least then.

Just need the scrote to accidentally fall on something sharp now and all will be well.

ADT

ADT

Associate

Sounds good by the sound of things, hopefully they keep their word :)

Soldato

That explains the drop in bike stolen posts in the local bike groups. I know of another one that's currently on tag so doubt they are up to anything for now either

Soldato

Entirely depressing.

What an absolute joke. 80 hours community service for a repeat offender? The little !@#$ should be locked up.

Is there any benefit in trying to reclaim your losses from the scumbag/s in civil/small claims court?

Back
Top Bottom