Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Caporegime
Put a nut on the thread, wind it all the way to the end, wind the mirror on to the bike, all the way to the bottom, then wind it back until it's the correct angle. Then hold the mirror and wind the nut down. Add loctite.

Man of Honour
I'd say go up a size from your normal jeans size to accommodate for the armour. I've just ordered some of the G8 Evo jeans to go with the pair of combats I've had for about 2 years.

Man of Honour
Got my new Hood jeans through today, not bad going ordered them on Sunday so 5 working days for them to sort the custom leg length and get them delivered.

Went with the Evo G8 http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/hood-motorcycle-jeans/g8-evo-jean-mens-blue-copy/ this time, they have a double layer of aramid material. The standard lining covers the whole jean from the waist band to the shin, then there's a thicker fleecy 2nd layer covering from knee up along with pockets to hold the supplied D3O hip and knee armour.

They're definitely slightly heavier in weight than my K7 combats but from trying them on they're still incredibly comfortable for the protection they give. I've had an off or 2 in my K7s and they still look brand new so I've got plenty of faith in the Evo G8s with the extra protection.

Considering you can pay a lot more than £140 for some of the bigger brands armoured jeans which only have aramid panels on the thighs and bum and have either no armour or just generic cheap stuff then these are a bargain.

Associate
I've been pushing my luck with my back tyre, and just got back in from a ride and noticed my wires are showing :o - so time to replace.

What kind of cost am I look at for labour? I haven't got the tools / skills to do it myself. This is my first replacement....

Associate
Cheers! I guess the next question is, what tyre?? I've been using Continental Attack SM - which have been awesome tbh. in the dry (even cold) they stick like glue. Need to be careful in the wet. I used them all last winter with no real issues.

I could go for something with a bit more wet grip / more appropriate for winter riding - but I might regret it when dry.

Soldato
Anyone know what's needed to fix a puncture properly from the inside?

I got a barbed wire puncture in Scotland in summer which I fixed from the outside by poking a bigger hole, then shoving rubber and glue in (repair kit), but it's leaking now.

Would it be possible to fix from the inside now that I've used a repair kit on it?

Soldato
Slightly to the right of the middle, in the tread.

I have the tools to remove the tyre, so am looking to fix myself if possible. May as well learn so I can fix them properly. I've never actually been through a full rear without a puncture ¬.¬

Soldato
Yep, that;'s what I want to do. Is it something I can do myself? And is it possible now that I've plugged from the outside? All the shops in my area refuse because of the speed rating anyway :p

Do I just get something like this and do it from the inside? https://www.amazon.co.uk/STOP-POCKET-TYRE-PLUGGER-KIT/dp/B003VE0ZL6 or do I need special plugs?
They're for inserting from the outside, you want ones like these with a much bogger base: https://www.amazon.co.uk/24Pcs-Tube...&qid=1509904888&sr=1-1&keywords=mushroom+plug

Back
Top Bottom