Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Ahh you'll be fine then, that's about 6ft 2in, an inch shorter than me. I can flat foot pretty much anything.

I'm around 6ft1 (6.13517 when you calculate it :p) so a bit shorter than you :p
I've sat on SV650 once again when I was in Poland, it was too icy to try it out. But, I didn't feel cramped... although the position did feel a little sporty.

If you're looking into adventure type bikes, check out the F 650/700/800 GS bikes, and the V-strom, perhaps tiger 800.

I've been on a friends f800gs and that felt perfect (I'm 6'2") - so am leaning towards that style of bike. Bikes made for shorter people cramp my legs.
Yeah, that's the problem. Although some bikes are pretty big, the MV Augusta F4 is big compared to jap supersport bikes. :p

Soldato
I'm 6'2" and since I got onto the adventure style bikes I've been far more comfortable but that's also to do with age.

My Tiger 800 is a great bike, sorry you're having a bit of a break atm old friend but car and heater for commuting has won, as was the Versys 650 I had previously.

Soldato
I'm around 6ft1 (6.13517 when you calculate it :p) so a bit shorter than you :p
I've sat on SV650 once again when I was in Poland, it was too icy to try it out. But, I didn't feel cramped... although the position did feel a little sporty.

I sat on an SV650 when I was looking for my first big bike, and it felt cramped in the legs, my knees were on top of the tank cut outs :p I think I must have the extra couple of inches in my legs :D I'm 6ft 3in or 4in, depending on the day so some bikes (like the SV and MT07) just feel a little small for me.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I sat on an SV650 when I was looking for my first big bike, and it felt cramped in the legs, my knees were on top of the tank cut outs :p I think I must have the extra couple of inches in my legs :D I'm 6ft 3in or 4in, depending on the day so some bikes (like the SV and MT07) just feel a little small for me.

You're saying this, but you ride a little cb400 hehe :p :D Surely that's smaller than the SV?

Soldato
You're saying this, but you ride a little cb400 hehe :p :D Surely that's smaller than the SV?

Yeah I know it's weird, the CB400 doesn't feel small or cramped though, apart from having quite bent knees. But on the SV I'd have even more bent knees, and be crouched forward, not comfy. And the CB doesn't have pronounced cut outs in the tank. I feel uncomfortable even looking at the picture of the SV :p

ibONbKd.png
ocpmw7U.png

Soldato
Ahh that's the common as much non VTEC version ;)

I'd love to strip mine down and restore it in a few years once it's retired from commuting duties, might actually be worth a few grand in a few years, they're rare bikes!

Last edited:
Soldato
another rubbish day in Manchester, raining and miserable

left the Hornet at home today

actually thinking of buying a cheap 125 for the all weather commute, sensible or daft?

Soldato
Don't get a 125! Just us allweatherbiker or get a can of ACF50! The stuff works wonders. Did a winter on a Suzuki Bandit with some of the stuff on and got no rust. :D

funny enough i saw a YT video last night on allweatherbiker, seems great price for £65 which is basically a full detail of the bike and ACF50 treatment.

i assume the ACf50 lasts whole winter with no washing inbetween? or can you wash the bike weekly and still have ACF50 protection?

Man of Honour
Just give it a rinse down with water if you wish, don't use any shampoo until you want to strip all the crap off in the spring and it should last.

Back
Top Bottom