Biker's Cafe Chatroom

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've run my bikes all year round & they only stay out back under a cover, A Decent Oxford Rainex that cost about 85 quid but I've had it years & it's sound, Cover the bikes in FS365 or ACF50 & stay on top of cleaning & Lubing & there fine.

Oxford Rainex is Reduced to less than 50 at the mo an all. ;)

Soldato
Going to build a lean-to at my new house and put inward facing floodlights in each corner. Should mean I can work on the bike no matter the weather/time then. Pricing the materials up it's sub £150 (unless I'm underestimating)

Man of Honour
Going to build a lean-to at my new house and put inward facing floodlights in each corner. Should mean I can work on the bike no matter the weather/time then. Pricing the materials up it's sub £150 (unless I'm underestimating)

It's looking like we may be forced to move house, which is a complete ball ache but on the bright side I'm using it to look for places with a garage :D
Actually being able to work on the bike without the fear of drowning or being blown away will be lovely.

Soldato

One tip, don't use movement activated lights. Having to get up and wave your arms about every 60 seconds when you're working on the bike gets very, very annoying... :mad::(

Soldato
I've run my bikes all year round & they only stay out back under a cover, A Decent Oxford Rainex that cost about 85 quid but I've had it years & it's sound, Cover the bikes in FS365 or ACF50 & stay on top of cleaning & Lubing & there fine.

Oxford Rainex is Reduced to less than 50 at the mo an all. ;)

This.

So far so good with my Speed Triple through this winter. Granted it's still new, but no sign of rust having ridden every day through the icey (salty) weather and all this rain.

I just FS365 if I have to put it away wet, then a good wash with SDOC and Meguiars at the weekend followed by more FS365.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
What do you people think of a cover like THIS? I've a oxford stormex cover, but it was a bit of a pain putting it on and off... especially when it was all wet from the rain!

Man of Honour
There's no snow here any more but it's far too cold and rainy to ride :(

I either want a full blown winter or nice weather... the locals have started blaming me for bringing the crap UK weather with me!

Soldato
Yeah it's more of the same here, grey, wet, at least it's relatively warm I suppose. :(

There's a light at the end of the tunnel though, when I leave work just after 5:30 there's been a tiny bit of light in the sky the last 2 days last week, it's not pitch black any more!! Spring is just around the corner! :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I'm thinking of going to view this, https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-mt07/1152175908 bike. But it doesn't look like it was cared for, its all dirty... the owner didn't even care to wash it and those foothball shoes suggest a chav owner. :(

Another bike, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Yamaha-MT-07-immaculate-Yamaha-warranty-not-MT-09-/121885422757 this looks better. Not the colour I want though, hmm... I'm looking at MT-07, but if a fully faired black or grey SV650 pops up I'll buy it, if not than MT07 will be the next bike. :) The decision has been made.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom