Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
Jesus, talk about timing. My 2nd generation Hayabusa was written off in an accident that left me with a significant amount of titanium in my left leg. Having test ridden the 3rd generation model and put a deposit down, I was looking forward to getting back on a Busa, although the new one with all the gubbins, bells and whistles. It's arrived at the dealers, they're giving it the full suite of checks to make sure it's ready to go and installing the tracker unit this week.

Today I got a call from the hospital. They've finally listed me, after almost 2 years, to have the one piece of metalwork they can safely take out (and which interferes with my sleep, being a bolt that's about 1/4 inch proud on the inside of my left knee) removed next week. I can't afford to put them off, been waiting for the surgery for almost a year since they have to leave it in for 12 months to let the bone heal and COVID delayed all the elective surgery. But really? Now?

Transmission breaker
Don
Jesus, talk about timing. My 2nd generation Hayabusa was written off in an accident that left me with a significant amount of titanium in my left leg. Having test ridden the 3rd generation model and put a deposit down, I was looking forward to getting back on a Busa, although the new one with all the gubbins, bells and whistles. It's arrived at the dealers, they're giving it the full suite of checks to make sure it's ready to go and installing the tracker unit this week.

Today I got a call from the hospital. They've finally listed me, after almost 2 years, to have the one piece of metalwork they can safely take out (and which interferes with my sleep, being a bolt that's about 1/4 inch proud on the inside of my left knee) removed next week. I can't afford to put them off, been waiting for the surgery for almost a year since they have to leave it in for 12 months to let the bone heal and COVID delayed all the elective surgery. But really? Now?

That not great, BUT, once it's done, you will be feeling better! How long will the post surgery recovery be? Will you get to ride it before the work is done on the leg?

Associate
Not sure right now. The dealer did say they’ve not, for obvious reasons, worked on/dismantled one of the new Busas before so placing the tracker might prove time consuming. Might get it at the weekend but they’ve said they can hold it and not charge storage if it’s not ready before I go under the knife. Stitches/staples will probably be in for a fortnight, so I’ll have to fit the trickle charger cable it while I wait for the ok to ride from the quacks.

Still, it’s only late Spring so got the whole Summer ahead of me :)

Transmission breaker
Don
Had the old tyres taken off the project 600 for some lovely new ones...

BUT, I got charged extra because someone threw a crap load of gloopy tyre fluid in there, which made a big mess :(

CBR600F2067.jpg

CBR600F2068.jpg

Associate
The timing got even better! I got an email today from the dealer saying the bike's ready, I can pick it up tomorrow before surgery on Wednesday! I was stuck in traffic thanks to a police incident in one of the Mersey tunnels and by the time I got home from the pre-op appointment I'd missed my insurer's closing time. Also, thanks to the time spent stuck in traffic, I'm now 1.5 hours down on my flexi which I'll need to make back tomorrow and same day leave (especially for personal stuff like picking up a 2nd bike) is seriously frowned on, especially when I only joined the employer a few months ago.

I can only assume that a SIGNIFICANT karma debt has now been repaid and my next life will at least have legs and live on land.

Caporegime
Little ninja 250 after another brutal winter of crashes I the snow is finally on the stand and gonna get stripped down and turned into into cafe racer

20210510-202118.jpg
[/url]

Need to find a gsxr for hayabusa front end to fit to it to give it some USD forks and a bit better look naked.

still waiting on my new honda crf300l to turn up been about 2 months now!

Once that's here time for the h2 to stop being the daily ride :o

Everything steel on the ninja 250 has slowly started turning back to stone :eek:

hBmt1V2

Soldato
I test rode a Z H2 SE today, as part of a Kawasaki demo day. Can't really fault the bike it feels very well made, extremely easy to ride and balance on, comfortable on bumps, didn't get many opportunities to spank it as we're in a group of 13 or so, but I had one decent run and it definetly goes..

So initially I like it but then I get back on my 2003 Tuono and and I'm surprised at how direct and immediate it feels. The clutch is hard to pull and slotting into first makes a loud clunking sound, the throttle response is immediate, there is no safety zone before it starts to work, the bike is quite loud. Granted I didn't get to ride the Z how I would ride my own, but are all modern bikes soft and cushioned like this?

Even when I got to go hard the acceleration is surprising but it seems so quiet and uneventful. Not dissing the bike but got me wondering if dropping £18k on one would be worth it, especially as honestly that much power on the road is not going to be useable very often.

It felt like the difference between a 2000 and 2020 car, where the newer ones seem to want you to drive in a certain way with the numb steering and feel.

Back
Top Bottom