Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Anyone know what type of maintenance charger plug this is? Maybe optimate or Oxford products?
]
123241886_10158917365032889_130504186637207447_o.jpg
[/SPOILER
It's an oxford oximiser one.

Associate
It's an oxford oximiser one.
Yep, looks like it.

I bodged a couple of jewelers screwdrivers in the plug, with some insulation tape wrapped around them and leaving the metal exposed at two points that wouldn't touch, then clamped my regular charging leads on them. Worked a treat, I'll swap over my ctek comfort connection at the weekend.

Soldato
Was about to go for a ride on the last dry day probably but the bike wouldn't start. 2003 Aprilia Tuono 1000, turns over no problem, can feel air and smell fuel coming out of the exhaust. Don't have a multimeter but the battery is only a few months old. Starter relay makes a single click when I begin cranking and another when I stop. I've tried without the air filter and checked the intakes aren't clogged. Not really sure where to go next, it was riding fine 2 days ago :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Battery is the first port of call especially if you don't use it every day, even though it's not that old it's the simplest explanation so worth checking.

Soldato
Woke up this morning to find the Tiger had been blown over, only put a new bigger cover on it yesterday and wind must have got under it.

Crash bars and hand guards have taken most of the fall i think, have to look when the weather calms down, pretty annoyed.

Soldato
Woke up this morning to find the Tiger had been blown over, only put a new bigger cover on it yesterday and wind must have got under it.

Crash bars and hand guards have taken most of the fall i think, have to look when the weather calms down, pretty annoyed.

This happened to my L1 Gsxr, Only had it about 3 weeks, the wind must have caught the cover and the bike went over, smashed all the mirror and some of the fairings cracked :( the mirror had built in indicator so cost abit more

Soldato
Had it happen with my CB650R before this, wouldn't have happened if i had kept on my cover that is smaller but it wasn't covering the chain on this bike as it's much bigger and it was getting rusty.

Does anyone know the p/n of the handguards (metal bit) that Tigers use? can't seem to find it although they look like Barkbusters.

Soldato
Should be able to touch up the crash bars ok, think i would be able to sand or file down the barkbusters?, i know it's only cosmetic but i'd like it to look nice.

Associate
I’d just be wondering if it was actually the wind or some wee tadger pushing it over seeing as it’s happened twice now? You don’t have any neighbours you’ve fallen out with by any chance?

Probably just me being paranoid and it is the wind.

Soldato
I'm sure it was the wind, was really bad both times, i've got it parked parallel to the pavement leaning onto the stand on a slight downwards slope, if the wind is towards headlights or up the tail it shouldn't be much of a surface area to blow it over.

It is close enough to a wall that wind shouldn't be able to get up enough to lift it off the stand and if it comes from the opposite side it should push down on the stand, i'm pretty sure it was cover as there has been worse wind than today recently and the bike was fine with the shorter cover that doesn't cover as much.

Back
Top Bottom