US: Billions (2016)

Soldato
Ah! I'm only up to episode 8 so that explains the random Russian AKA John Malkovich which has turned up then!
I've been waiting for the Sky UHD versions to come out which are typically on Thursdays.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Oh look, it's John Malkovic 'being John Malkovic' as usual :rolleyes:

Poor choice. Worse accent.

He did grow on me though. But he doesn't frighten.

Really looking forward to how this 'assassination' plays out. My gut says Jock will out manoeuvre Chuck for a cliffhanger season finale, which will be matched by the Russian gunning for Axe. Next season Chuck and Axe in cahoots?

Soldato
Having just watched episode 9, I concur on Mr Malkovich. He’s a bit distracting and it’s him playing his usual character with an extremely iffy accent.

Caporegime
Really looking forward to how this 'assassination' plays out. My gut says Jock will out manoeuvre Chuck for a cliffhanger season finale, which will be matched by the Russian gunning for Axe. Next season Chuck and Axe in cahoots?

Yeah, I mean Chuck has just outlined his whole trap Jock plan for us so it pretty much has to go a bit wrong in the next episode.

Could be interesting to see Chuck and Axe in cahoots, I'm surprised they were able to drag this out for 3 seasons (well I guess I'm not really as it is US TV so they drag things out for the sake of it) as the original story perhaps ought to have just been a 1 or possibly 2 season thing and coming to a close with either Axe getting convicted or Chuck losing out... but it is still enjoyable to watch.

That advice Chuck's father came out with to the gold digger tho... :D

Associate
Brilliant finale! Easily the best show on TV at the moment.

Can't say I was shocked at Taylor but the ending did have me laughing maniacally. What a pairing they could be.

Can't wait until the next season arrives.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Everything as predicted except Taylor (tho it only became clear in the last two episodes it was going south).

Thought the Jock out-manoeuvre was pretty poor. I expected him to have had some guile about him, but he just got lucky with the snitching. And why did Kate Sacker suddenly take his side after she hated him for the persecution of the inmate?

Axe/Chuck union played out hammier than I thought. Can't see how they're gonna help each other.

Caporegime
D3K pretty much called it tbh...

On one had it is quite silly how they've managed to drag it out in this way now with Axe and Chuck in cahoots... on the other hand it is still really, really enjoyable to watch and so I'm not too fussed that a story that should have been 1 or 2 seasons max is being dragged out in true US TV style for a 4th season.

(though the whole nonsense at the end of that last episode about how Chuck has got no issue with Axe because he's no longer the US Attorney for the Southern District is a bit dodgy, the whole thing was framed as a personal crusade in season 1, Chuck really wanted to go for him for personal reasons, didn't want to just settle, wanted to stop him trading etc..)

Back
Top Bottom