US: Billions (2016)

Soldato
Chuck won't be laughing for long. Not when he realises that Wendy was partly complicit in Axe's little plan and made quite a few million for herself. There's no way he's going to throw her under the federal bus.

Associate
Already feeling sad that there is only one episode left. Best thing on TV at the moment!

Chuck has already shown that he is willing to throw his own father and friend under the bus to get at Axe... will he do the same to Wendy?

Surely any lawyer worth their salt could make it look like Chuck and Wendy corroborated with each other to gain millions? What would this fact do to Chuck's father and friend, when they find out he was responsible for them losing millions?

Can't wait for next week now!

Caporegime
it was obvious it was bait but the expense it took to get his plan working and how it played out was well done.bit unbelievable but great tv.

the wendy thing is the obvious problem or maybe the get out clause.

always rated the show it is great tv.

Caporegime
indeed - he dropped a bit of a hint when he agreed to the deal in the previous episode after being reluctant 'if that's what it takes', then kind of confirmed when he supposedly gets ****** only part way through the episode with another 10 mins for the twist to come... Completely screwed his friend out of 250 million in the process... what a ****!

I do agree that short position Wendy took is potentially going to scupper things in some way.

Soldato
Already feeling sad that there is only one episode left. Best thing on TV at the moment!

Chuck has already shown that he is willing to throw his own father and friend under the bus to get at Axe... will he do the same to Wendy?

Surely any lawyer worth their salt could make it look like Chuck and Wendy corroborated with each other to gain millions? What would this fact do to Chuck's father and friend, when they find out he was responsible for them losing millions?

Can't wait for next week now!

He wasn't though. He took a risk that Axelrod would step in to do something underhand in order to short the stock. That's what happened. It was still a gamble. If Axe hadn't stepped in, yes they would be very rich but also he wouldn't have been able to throw him in Jail.

I guess where it gets tricky, is that Chuck knew what was going on in the days before the IPO launch but decided not to say anything. That's cold, considering he could have made his friend millions. His father was just greedy, so I don't blame Chuck for that. Remember, neither of them at any time actually made any money as they held their position.

Basically all Chuck did was provide the bait, it was Axe who took it.

In any case, what a brilliant show!!!!

The Wendy thing will be interesting.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Very few shows make me want to high-five the screen after an episode. This is in the top 5 of all time IMO.

So many A+ characters, with actors who do an utterly amazing job of portraying those roles. Wags is my favourite I think.

The latest episode was just insane.

Associate
Amazing episode. Really didn't see the twist!

first couple of seasons of House of Cards are excellent.

I tried to get into the first 3-4 episodes of the first season but couldn't!

yes... though you may well have already watched it:

The Sopranos

The setting is rather different but Tony Soprano also has his own little empire to run, his family to look after and his run ins with law enforcement + competition with others like him...

Thanks, just watched the first episode a few days ago, will try a few more soon.

Caporegime
Thanks, just watched the first episode a few days ago, will try a few more soon.

Oh nice, wasn't sure whether to suggest it as I'd assumed most people already have seen it - but if you haven't then that's cool, it is frankly an awesome TV show.

I guess there is the psychiatrist angle to compare with Billions too. :)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Absolutely brilliant, it can't be finished like that, surely?

One thing i didnt quite get was why Wendy still invested in Ice Juice shares knowing it would go down the tubes?

Back
Top Bottom