Bioware's Anthem

Associate
I ran the game with everything maxed out, then realised that unless I am going exploring you won't get the chance to see any of those amazing visuals, so I reduced them. I prefer a faster smoother game. With less vegetation you also see them sneaky treasure chests, items and ore.

MEA looked amazing too maxed out. They could have done a lot more with the game.

By the way, do you lose the loot at the end of a Stronghold if you die? The mine for example, you can get killed right when the boss dies, by the boss or the adds and then lose the loot from the boss?

V F

V F

Soldato
I just started playing and I like it .It has everything I like in a game. Only thing I do not like is freeplay with other people. I would rather just go on my own and play and enjoy the visuals.

I thought Freeplay has been interesting. People joining your battles or you joining them as well as observing the fights from a great distance. People waving flying off into the distance for you helping them to complete the task. So many scenarios has been fun. :D

Though a few nights ago I still cannot work out how the Titan I took on by myself died on its own. I spent ages looking around and no other freelancer was about while the loot was waiting for me. Nobody else swooped in. Yet the thing had an almighty explosion while it was standing creating after effects to its death while I was playing as Interceptor.

Soldato
Freeplay is great at times, but for the life of me I can't understand the retarded idea of only having four people in the world and zero way of communicating with them. A simple text box would suffice, or even a ping system like in Apex.

Associate
Freeplay is great at times, but for the life of me I can't understand the retarded idea of only having four people in the world and zero way of communicating with them. A simple text box would suffice, or even a ping system like in Apex.

Agreed. I don't play with my headset ON. Every time someone is doing something stupid, or not doing whatever needs to be done, I gotta plug my headset just to use the mic to tell them they stupid:) Also, no guarantee they hear you, if they have voip disabled. Obviously this is aimed at consoles, hence no text box. A ping button would still be great though. A game where comms are sometimes essential, has no comms:)

What about the using any powers/weapons on any Jav? Has anyone run into that bug? Games forgets what Jav you selected.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's weird for a mess like this seemingly not EA's (usual) fault, though I didn't realise how difficult Frostbite can be to work with.

Bioware are almost matching Bethesda's calamitous handling of responses/PR; releasing a statement saying good journalism (whilst not denying any of the accusations) is bad for the industry - 15 minutes after the article's release is quite frankly ridiculous.

Associate
It's weird for a mess like this seemingly not EA's (usual) fault, though I didn't realise how difficult Frostbite can be to work with.

Bioware are almost matching Bethesda's calamitous handling of responses/PR; releasing a statement saying good journalism (whilst not denying any of the accusations) is bad for the industry - 15 minutes after the article's release is quite frankly ridiculous.

You read the article? I just watched AngryJoes video of it. I already knew Frostbite was ****, this is why ME Andromea got screwed. Such a shame they won't be finishing off that story. I actually liked it. Like the many projects that fail or get into difficulty, 99% is the fault of 1 person right at the top that knows nothing about the product but everything about numbers and budgets that cannot reflect what is actually happening. I ran into this all the time, you just gotta make the best that you can and deliver the project. Teams working in silos is **** too. Worst case scenario is where no one wants to step up and take ownership of overall decisions, so the project keeps changing scope. My understanding is that this is what happened with Anthem. Also, core people left due to this ****** uncertainty.

Associate
Oh yeah, they start dropping from level 10. I had a few when I started. If you do the Stronghold from level 10 you should get all the gear you need to complete the main story, not to mention all the mobs needed for the tombs. I actually never realised that people had issues with the Tombs. I unlocked mine by playing the game. I wasn't rushing.

Associate
Looks like fun to me.New update today
GAME UPDATE 1.0.4.02 – APRIL 08, 2019
  • Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
  • Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
  • The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
  • Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.

Soldato
This game is beginning to royally **** me off. Anyone else having it where the game just randomly drops you to desktop with no error message or anything (nothing in Event Viewer either)? One minute you're happily playing and the next the screen freezes and then you're just sat there looking at your desktop. You can fire the game up again straight away, but then it just does the same **** again and again and again. It's ******* infuriating as you can play for days and not have a problem, and then, like I'm having now, it's constantly doing this ****.

Soldato
Have you updated drivers ? I've had similar symptoms with BFV after updates where I've not updated drivers, as soon as I update the problems go away, same engine so might be similar

V F

V F

Soldato
Looks like fun to me.New update today
GAME UPDATE 1.0.4.02 – APRIL 08, 2019
  • Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
  • Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
  • The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
  • Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.

Interesting. I got some nice cannons for the Colossus even though I don't have it yet. Level 21 currently.

The newsfeed was annoying. Blank items. It was working last week.

The crackling audio that sometimes happens opening doors in Fort Tarsis is still annoying heading towards your suit.

Associate
Ahh I have not notice any of the bugs yet but I just started playing and playing around with different aspect ratios so I can pick one I like best and start playing the game proper ,only at Level 7.
Game does look and play good ,just tried 4096 x 1728 2.37 ratio and I like it.

Soldato
Seeing as how they still haven't fixed the Storm's hover shield bug I thought I'd give the Colossus another go. Great fun just wading in and slapping everything silly.

Just a shame they don't have camo. paint. My Colossus, FV4034, would look great then.

XzxczeS.jpg

Associate
Seeing as how they still haven't fixed the Storm's hover shield bug I thought I'd give the Colossus another go. Great fun just wading in and slapping everything silly.

Just a shame they don't have camo. paint. My Colossus, FV4034, would look great then.

What shield bug, the invincibility when you use your ultimate? They fixed that one.

I think that you can get cammo paint, or close enough, I think it is a combination of pattern materials and vinyl.

Soldato
What shield bug, the invincibility when you use your ultimate? They fixed that one.

No, when you're hovering with a Storm your shield is supposed to negate either 20% or 40% damage (the in game tool tip says 40% but the value changes depending on which dev. speaks, which says a lot about why the game is so riddled with bugs) but currently it doesn't work. Apparently the devs have acknowledged that they're aware of the problem but can't figure out why it's not working.

JRkcZvk.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...rm_hover_shield_bonus_still_hasnt_been_fixed/

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Mmm!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fashionlancers/comments/ava09n/new_crysis_edition_javelin_suit_coming_soon/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fashionlancers/comments/bdl4us/my_somewhat_regal_storm/

Got to level 26 last night to unlock Colossus. I'm not feeling it. Too slow and janky. Being an Interceptor main, I think I've switched permanently to Ranger with my War Machine suit one shotting everything practically on Hard with 2000 - 4000 damage with the Pulse Cannon. Though it was outputting poor damage at the beginning. Had to grind for a lot of epic's after 7 hours. Cannot wait to get to level 30 to unlock the Grand Masters.

Also loving the Devestator weapon. Ursix seems to be a lot harder than the Titans on Hard, as long as you time the rings and seeking fireballs.

Back
Top Bottom