BitFenix Prodigy ITX build

Soldato
Hahaha! I kind of loosened my wifi antene connect port at the back of the mobo ill fix it tommorow when i take it out to put the antec on XD

Im ordering me a cable sleeving kit and the works to braid all my none modular cables on the TX750 :D i cant possibly bosh that up i hope.

I was thinking i could use tweesers to pull out the pins?

Associate
Those are both very nice builds Buzz and Allnamestaken. I have been drooling over those cases and I know what my next upgrade will be if funds allow.

I admire your steady hands and the nerves of steel needed to play around with your CPU like that. I guess the cider has the same benefit as a few pints before a game of pool at the pub :D

Associate
OP
Hahaha! I kind of loosened my wifi antene connect port at the back of the mobo ill fix it tommorow when i take it out to put the antec on XD

Im ordering me a cable sleeving kit and the works to braid all my none modular cables on the TX750 :D i cant possibly bosh that up i hope.

I was thinking i could use tweesers to pull out the pins?

you will be better off buying an atx pin removal tool, i have sent you an email ;)

Those are both very nice builds Buzz and Allnamestaken. I have been drooling over those cases and I know what my next upgrade will be if funds allow.

I admire your steady hands and the nerves of steel needed to play around with your CPU like that. I guess the cider has the same benefit as a few pints before a game of pool at the pub :D

lol deffo ;)

Associate
OP
So here is my build finished :) with de lidding done!! :eek:

Before de lidding and cable tidy

After de lidding and cable tidy

the cables in the bottom right are there for another drive i use as my back up but do not have in this case ;)

Its been really fun doing this build as i stated in the beginning i have never done one this small before and tbvh im so pleased i have as it is a build a can easily move around and customise in the future.

ty for following and i will still be hear to help where i can, and ty bitfenix for making the most amazing case :)

Associate
OP
My word, that's pretty! I've been thinking about getting the white one. :)

Details please? :)

i will email you a link, its the best atx removal tool i have found, its very stong and cheep ;) iv gone through 3 atx pin removal tools and this is the best

Bro have you connected the front panel connectors? ? didnt look like you had lol.

your talking to a pro, of coarse i......................... DOH! :p

Last edited:
Associate
OOO love the Corsair fans in there.

Have been thinking about them myself for my H100 (currently have GT 1850s). Bought my H100 used and have had to RMA it so haven't been able to see how quiet the GT's are yet, but if they are too noisy I have read good good things about the SP fans :)

Hopefully will finally have my Prodigy build finished next weekend once I get my new H100 returned to me.

Associate
OP
OOO love the Corsair fans in there.

Have been thinking about them myself for my H100 (currently have GT 1850s). Bought my H100 used and have had to RMA it so haven't been able to see how quiet the GT's are yet, but if they are too noisy I have read good good things about the SP fans :)

Hopefully will finally have my Prodigy build finished next weekend once I get my new H100 returned to me.

Nice! are you doing a build log? the fans are amazing i will be decking my case in the HP AF fans, two 120's at the front and a 140 in the rear ;)

Associate
I have started one but haven't posted it yet, when I got problems with my H100 near the start I just put it all together so I had my PC running on stock fan.

Will do a proper one from scratch once I get the H100 back :)

Good call on the AFs was thinking of those along with the SPs will be nice. Did you go for the quiet versions of the SPs or the full on ones?

Last edited:
Associate
Hey buzz! You have a great machine there. This thread has made me
Change my mind 100s of times. I didn't know the h100 fits in the top.
I still want the use of a DVD drive but I may go external for the amount of times I use the one I have at the moment witch is very rare. I think I could live with a external drive.

Also explain the delidding?

Last edited:
Caporegime
pity the graphic card power connector doesnt plug in at the back,lookslike you just managed to clear the h100

a nice 7850 would look good in there plus the 6pin plug is on the rear of the card not the top,just my opinion

nice build though,have you overclocked the ram yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey buzz how did you cut down your mounting bracket lol? Amazon sent me a new 620 today and I found the easiest solution without a dremel was to heat up a knife and slice right through the plastic lol............................ghetto precision cutting.

I am also Rma'ing my motherboard for a electrical buzz coming from the PCI-e socket which seems to be also making my graphics card buzz a lot more then it normally is when i use it on another motherboard also Rma'ing the graphics card for same issue O_O

Associate
I still want the use of a DVD drive but I may go external for the amount of times I use the one I have at the moment witch is very rare. I think I could live with a external drive.

Do it. I got rid of my DVD drive and went external as I rarely used one.

Good to have for those moments when nothing but a DVD/CD will do but apart from that it was never used.

Although burn speeds arent as quick as internal drives so if you mainly do that with your drive it might not be a great move.

Associate
OP
Hey buzz! You have a great machine there. This thread has made me
Change my mind 100s of times. I didn't know the h100 fits in the top.

Also explain the delidding?

All the info you need on de lidding is here and honestly you will not miss your ODD, get a cheep external DVD and just buy a couple of cheep USB drives and make a bootable win 7 usb, etc.

pity the graphic card power connector doesnt plug in at the back,lookslike you just managed to clear the h100

a nice 7850 would look good in there plus the 6pin plug is on the rear of the card not the top,just my opinion

nice build though,have you overclocked the ram yet?

yer ram is oc's, got 2133MHz 9-10-10-21-1T with tight secondary timings, anything above 2133 is rubbish thou, the board does not allow for thirds so i cant get good timings above :(

i dont need a different GPU as i dont game on this machine ;)

Hey buzz how did you cut down your mounting bracket lol? Amazon sent me a new 620 today and I found the easiest solution without a dremel was to heat up a knife and slice right through the plastic lol............................ghetto precision cutting.

I am also Rma'ing my motherboard for a electrical buzz coming from the PCI-e socket which seems to be also making my graphics card buzz a lot more then it normally is when i use it on another motherboard also Rma'ing the graphics card for same issue O_O

all i used was a junior hacksaw and patience ;) you will find things easier with a dremel, my back plate is metal so was a little tougher than a plastic one!

Associate
OP
Do it. I got rid of my DVD drive and went external as I rarely used one.

Good to have for those moments when nothing but a DVD/CD will do but apart from that it was never used.

Although burn speeds arent as quick as internal drives so if you mainly do that with your drive it might not be a great move.

^^ this but i use bootable usb's as well ;)

Associate
^^ this but i use bootable usb's as well ;)

My god I need to catch up never made bootable USB drive I think I will be doing this.

And I will loose the internal odd and get a external. Then the h100 can go in and keep things nice and chilly....ish

Buzz stupid question time from me. What way have you got the fans mounted on the h100 pulling air into the case to pushing the air out?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom