BitFenix Prodigy ITX build

Associate
OP
MINOR UPDATE

Everything has now been ordered, braid, 3770k, ram, gpu, psu, SSD, HDD, keyboard/mouse and fan controller. So as and when it all starts trickling through i will be posting lots of pictures.

The board and the case were ordered together a while ago so they will arrive when the case is in stock :)

The first job will be testing the system for a few days with no overclocking, once im happy then the second job will be braiding all the cables for the board, psu, fans and fan controller. Once that is out of the way then i will route the cables and begin overclocking the ram and cpu.................Happy days :)

Associate
OP

because i found this (not the vapour) for £105, and i have always had sapphire cards and know how good they are :)

81YgOOoV1hL._AA1500_.jpg

thanks joe :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Fair enough :)

Will be doing a Prodigy build myself in August probably, already got my Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe :D

Looking forward to seeing how yours goes.

sweet you will have to give me a link so i can follow how you do :)

I did think about getting the deluxe but the asrock has more sata connections and i didnt want the sata cables to drape over the gpu

Soldato
Associate
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Ok iv ordered an H80, after reading beejjacobs thread and looking at the two boards i want to keep the asrock board!

The voodoo is going back!

Fair enough, I suspect a big cooler like the Voodoo might be a problem but I haven't actually seen the Asrock board.

The H80 is probably a good idea in a small case, what about the H100: It fits in the Prodigy I'm sure and isn't much more expensive is it?

Out of interest, why do you prefer the Asrock?

Your build is going to be very nice indeed! :)

Associate
OP
Fair enough, I suspect a big cooler like the Voodoo might be a problem but I haven't actually seen the Asrock board.

The H80 is probably a good idea in a small case, what about the H100: It fits in the Prodigy I'm sure and isn't much more expensive is it?

Out of interest, why do you prefer the Asrock?

Your build is going to be very nice indeed! :)

I like asrock coz i have had two asrock boards and both have been amazing clockers, i had a fatality get my 2600k to 5GHz on 1.43v and my E7 has my 2600k at 4.8GHz @1.43v.

if you use an H100 in the prodigy you loose the use of the ODD bay, the roof is only capable of taking 25mm fans not a 27mm rad and 25mm fans :( check this out

Please resize image to a maximum 1024 pixels wide.

thanks, i hope it goes well, im not looking forward to all the braiding but i know it will pay off

Last edited:
Soldato
I like asrock coz i have had two asrock boards and both have been amazing clockers, i had a fatality get my 2600k to 5GHz on 1.43v and my E7 has my 2600k at 4.8GHz @1.43v.

if you use an H100 in the prodigy you loose the use of the ODD bay, the roof is only capable of taking 25mm fans not a 27mm rad and 25mm fans :( check this out

thanks, i hope it goes well, im not looking forward to all the braiding but i know it will pay off

Ah got you, I don't use an ODD anymore so didn't really think about it.

Yeah I've always wanted to do braiding and making it all look nice, maybe one day! Im sure it'll be worth it :)

Associate
OP
There's about 56mm above the ODD bay.

I stand corrected but it is a little tight up there ;) I've gone for two Spector fans up top and an H80 so I'm a little more confidant about temps and space.

Ah got you, I don't use an ODD anymore so didn't really think about it.

Yeah I've always wanted to do braiding and making it all look nice, maybe one day! Im sure it'll be worth it :)

Haha I see, not long now anyway' I can't wait to get this case! I've been doing so research on OC'ing IB, it looks like it was a good idea getting the H80, air cooling seams very limited in terms of performance :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
UPDATE 2.1

just following on from the little image above, i have taken some detailed images and started my braiding marathon!

I bought a 3.5 inch fan controller so i can mount it inside the case in one of the hdd cages :)

img3456copyi.jpg

img3458copy.jpg

img3459copy.jpg

So on to the GPU, im very happy with my choice of purchase, i have had sapphires for three builds now and i have to say this one looks the biz! the only thing i wish it had was a vapor chamber like my 7970, as all the cold air is sucked through the top and blown out the front, kinda like the way the bitfenix case is designed, side vent rear exhaust.

img3504v.jpg

img3503ac.jpg

img3502z.jpg

img3501ag.jpg

img3500y.jpg

As pointed out by cereal3 the psu box is big but it was mostly packaging :) but nothing can take away my love of these psu's, they are such high quality, braided black cables, fully modular, many extension cables, gold 80+ and they look the shiz :)

img3474vf.jpg

img3475gu.jpg

img3476s.jpg

img3477g.jpg

img3478b.jpg

img3479j.jpg

img3480fe.jpg

As we have covered the psu might as well do the braiding :)

img3481m.jpg

img3482o.jpg

img3483io.jpg

img3484ml.jpg

img3485kc.jpg

img3487r.jpg

As you will see the yellow and black was a good idea but for the yellow to be better i needed to get denser weave as you can still see a little black behind, it still has the desired effect :)

img3495ef.jpg

img3496z.jpg

img3497zl.jpg

img3498w.jpg

img3499gt.jpg

My 3770k ( i keep praying to the silicon godz that i have a good clocker :) )

img3468copy.jpg

I love the fact the stock cooler would be so naff, why bother giving us K buyers one?

img3469copy.jpg

img3470copy.jpg

img3471copy.jpg

I love this SSD it oozes style, lets hope it lives up to my M4's, i only bought this as it was on special offer and i read good reviews :)

img3462copy.jpg

img3463copy.jpg

I love the fact this SSD comes with 5" to 3.5" tray, sata 3 cable and software cd! my M4's came with nothing!!

img3464copy.jpg

Love this RAM, its sooooooo small!!

img3465copya.jpg
[

img3466copy.jpg

img3467copy.jpg

I am chomping at the bit to get my case now, all that is left to arrive is the mobo, case and ODD. I've taken the Thursday and Friday off work so i can work on the pc!

I just hope it all fits and looks as good as i envisage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom