<<<<< BLACK FRIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW DELIVERY OPTIONS & RETAIL STORE OPEN SATURDAY & SUNDAY!! >>>>

Associate
:o you drive 120 miles, wait 15 mins, don't ask for help and drive 120 miles back? :confused:

I'd love to live within driving distance of the shop - though to be honest I'd use it just to pick up stuff I ordered online rather than to create the builds.

Permabanned
as obi one said , " your over confidence is your weakness" being patrionising to customers loses customers. it did happen

i spent 15mins in shop . 1 guy was returning something, one guy was arguing about a laptop box not being opened for display. im waiting to buy , curly hair little boy walks by me and sit on his cosy little chair.

i given you a chance to resolve . good luck ocuk

Starting to sound like you're just after that 10% discount!

Simon curly haired boy! you sure you went the right shop? Simon has ginger longish straight hair.

An the very tall lad that ive seen a couple of times im sure he only works ween ends unless your on about the GIRL with glasses.

To be fair if i was Ocuk or Gibbo id just say " Ok you didn't get what you needed from us, have you tried.........." followed by " please close the door on your way out".

OcUK Staff
OP
no i viewed every display item , waitried for curly haired boy to serve me but he was to interested in tyre kickers.

So he was already dealing with customers and you choose not to wait or did not try to engage with him?

Why not simply go up to the sales counter and say hello?

Soldato
your drive 120 mile and see if free shipping is not mandotory a part of customer service.

10 percent of £800 order not unreasonable for a complete waste of day.

wow this guys unbelievable... if i drove 120 miles to buy PC equipment, i would wait patiently until theres no one being served, ring a bell if theres one there, and then buy my goods.

Not turn up expecting the world to stop turning and acknowledge your superiority to the other "tyre kickers" as you call them, after all those measly peons arent about to spend the wad you are, so they must deserve no service right?

Then bestow your awesomeness upon all that are not blinded by it, as you collect your goods from the grovelling shop peons and return from whence you came...

tard.

Soldato
You never drove to the shop did you? I think you are coming up with a make believe imaginary story in order to get some discount and free delivery.

I have been shopping with ocuk since it was born and have ALWAYS been served by a member of staff after I have driven to the shop. What you are saying just isn't possible or you have issues with engaging with people?

in 3 2 1... permaban.

Last edited:
Soldato
His loss, he can go elsewhere pay more and get a even worse service, im not afraid to admit im an OCUK Fan, they have served me well over the years and im sure will carry on doing so.

Permabanned
wow this guys unbelievable... if i drove 120 miles to buy PC equipment, i would wait patiently until theres no one being served, ring a bell if theres one there, and then buy my goods.

Not turn up expecting the world to stop turning and acknowledge your superiority to the other "tyre kickers" as you call them, after all those measly peons arent about to spend the wad you are, so they must deserve no service right?

Then bestow your awesomeness upon all that are not blinded by it, as you collect your goods from the grovelling shop peons and return from whence you came...

tard.

His loss, he can go elsewhere pay more and get a even worse service, im not afraid to admit im an OCUK Fan, they have served me well over the years and im sure will carry on doing so.

+1, an that top quote is priceless! lol

Associate
Hi Gibbo,

I was wondering if a previous price on the Gigabyte HD 7990, code GX-121-GI, could be honoured. I spotted it was about for about £375 inc. VAT (I can't remember the exact figure) for a very limited time, and I missed out on being able to purchase at that price. If I were to buy a few of these cards, would you honour that previous price?

This seemed like the best thread to get this question spotted, since there seems to be no way to direct-message people any more.

Thanks.

Associate
Having been to OcUK myself a couple of times, including the old unit on that 4 AXIS address (what a PITA that was to find the first time :p) my experiences have been ok, although maybe I can sympathise a little with rizlaw, although only a little, not to the point of 10% (maybe drop a post in CS and explain "nicely" how irritated you feel after your experience and see what they suggest.

The last time I went I felt a little out of place to be honest, my first time to the new shop and I strolled in mid morning on a weekday and the thin guy who generally works the desk when I have been before, strawberry blonde hair I think they call it :D , was dealing with a guy and the girl with glasses was piling a couple of bits and bobs onto the desk, as she dealt with a couple of other guys, I received no acknowledgement as I walked in, not even a sideways glance with a smile BUT they were busy with other customers. My money, whether it was £5 or £5000, didn't make me more important than the other customers spending theirs.

Maybe rizlaw has a little less patience than most of us, we are not all the same after all, at 44 yrs old I have seen worse service before in my time. I just perused the shop, dribbling down the glass fronted cases at things I would love to have purchased :p), then when I had seen enough I made my way to the counter and simply waited for my turn to be served....like I would do anywhere else. After a couple of minutes the young wench became free, presented herself to me in a pleasant manner (careful now :D) we chatted, I placed order, items were fetched, she placed items on desk, I paid for them, she said thank you and counted my £800 iirc, we both said goodbye and I left.....no dramas tbh.

To sum up really, yes maybe a little more acknowledgement would have been nice, I wasn't expecting flags and bunting treatment tbh (maybe next time eh ? :cool:). It certainly won't stop me going back again and it certainly didn't warrant me demanding 10% off, however, I am willing to discuss this retrospectively if you so wish :D

To rizlaw, this really is a great place to shop at, i mean where else can you go where the main guy pops up on the forums and basically lets you shout out what you want to buy and then does his best to slash some £££ off for you ? Shame I didn't need anything myself.

Don't let this one bad experience put you off.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi Gibbo,

I was wondering if a previous price on the Gigabyte HD 7990, code GX-121-GI, could be honoured. I spotted it was about for about £375 inc. VAT (I can't remember the exact figure) for a very limited time, and I missed out on being able to purchase at that price. If I were to buy a few of these cards, would you honour that previous price?

This seemed like the best thread to get this question spotted, since there seems to be no way to direct-message people any more.

Thanks.

Unfortunately can't do sorry, we have so little left now and chances of getting more is looking incredibly slim. :(

Associate
Hi Gibbo

I don't really want to make a thread with a single question in it so asking here?
Any chance to get info on Xmas deals a bit earlier?
Even with no specifics about make, but maybe stuff like '780 on discount' or '290 on discount', you know what I mean - I am mostly interested in Sapphire and Evga :)
Plus, any chance to have eta on 780ti Classy updated?
I checked evga site and its not even there at all.
I get paid on 13th with little extra for overtime and would like to treat myself to new gpu for Xmas :)

Cheers

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi Gibbo

I don't really want to make a thread with a single question in it so asking here?
Any chance to get info on Xmas deals a bit earlier?
Even with no specifics about make, but maybe stuff like '780 on discount' or '290 on discount', you know what I mean - I am mostly interested in Sapphire and Evga :)
Plus, any chance to have eta on 780ti Classy updated?
I checked evga site and its not even there at all.
I get paid on 13th with little extra for overtime and would like to treat myself to new gpu for Xmas :)

Cheers

These are best deals, shall be no better at XMAS.
Classy about 2-3 weeks we think.

Back
Top Bottom