• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Myth Wukong - Benchmark tool

Least you got Full RT on with that Blurr fest and that's all that matters. Pretty sure you had frames in hand to set the full RT to high.
Totally agree.

That’s the thing about ray tracing. It doesn’t need to look clean.

A plain piece of paper looks clean.

Nothing to do with reality, but that’s backwards thinking for you. People seem to be still stuck in the lower resolution, raster days. When higher resolutions made things clearer. :o

A rainy, blurry night has its own qualities.

Truth has no equal.

Last edited:
Would rather play a ps3 game than those settings hahaha. Uploading my own video hoping youtube don't do me like it did you lol
:p It’s not the best looker.

Still doesn’t look that different from FSR off to be honest in this game, so it’s doing a pretty good job. DLSS does look much better, and appears to be performing considerably better as well based on my 1080p testing. It’s just not as stable for some reason for me.

I think YouTube does a good job with frame stability and general image quality. That’s all that really matters for your general video clips, and it’ll be pretty much the same once RT becomes more relevant in games.

Edit.

I think I just needed to change some DLSS files. Seems to be working better now.

Exact same settings using DLSS.

One’s a lower resolution sort of blurry, and the other’s a missing whole details sort of blurry. :D

Last edited:
The game has straight up frame generation built in.
Built-in FSR 3.0 frame generation -

U7j88SZ.png

Driver level FMF2 frame generation (multiply the FPS x2 as in-game benchmarks don't capture the generated frame) -

4KwZpzy.png

I get the same consistant results with Starfield's FSR 3.0 too. The driver level FMF2 is consistantly 10-15% higher.

U7j88SZ.png

Driver level FMF2 frame generation (multiply the FPS x2 as in-game benchmarks don't capture the generated frame) -

4KwZpzy.png

I get the same consistant results with Starfield's FSR 3.0 too. The driver level FMF2 is consistantly 10-15% higher.

I am wondering about AFMF on top of Frame Gen, double the FPS and then double them again... compounding FPS :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cob
Last edited:

U7j88SZ.png

4KwZpzy.png

I guess for a benchmark it's fine for getting higher fps results. In actual game play Fmf2 will still switch on and off when you make fast movements where as FG3 does not have this issue. So if you have the option of in game FG vs FMF2 you would be mad to use FMF2 which is designed for games that don't have FG as an option.

I am wondering about AFMF on top of Frame Gen, double the FPS and then double them again... compounding FPS :D

It actually works and it works really well..... double FPS with Frame Gen and doubled again with AFMF :D :cry: :eek: :p

From about 75 FPS to about 150, or with 100% resolution scale from about 60 to about 120. This is cheating but it works. i'd for sure play it like this.

Top left is the internal rendered frame, with frame gen, top right is the result with AFMF... Only 1 in 4 frames here are real. And you can't tell.

Last edited:
I guess for a benchmark it's fine for getting higher fps results. In actual game play Fmf2 will still switch on and off when you make fast movements where as FG3 does not have this issue. So if you have the option of in game FG vs FMF2 you would be mad to use FMF2 which is designed for games that don't have FG as an option.
FMF2 does not switch on and off if you’re playing at 1440p or higher, and it can be disabled on lower resolutions simply by selecting the ‘High’ search mode.

Last edited:
FMF2 does not switch on and off if you’re playing at 1440p or higher, and it can be disabled on lower resolutions simply by selecting the ‘High’ search mode.

Yeah i thought that was an update to AFMF for V2, they improved the AI algorithm to better interpolate between real frames and its no longer necessary to automatically turn off during high speed movements, or what would be large differences in frames.

From what little i have been playing with it it works well now.

Last edited:
It does. Straight from AMD.

"The first is “Search Mode” which controls frame generation smoothness by improving how “fallback” works in AFMF 2. Fallback refers to when AFMF frame generation is temporarily disabled in high-motion scenes to ensure the best interpolated image quality, which can sometimes cause jitter that impacts the smoothness of the gaming experience."

So it still switches on and off but they have improved it. Fg3 is better if the game supports it.

Last edited:

AMD *really* need to get on top of RT at some point. This is a 4x lead for the 4090 over the 7900xtx...at 3440x1440p
There are at least 69 confirmed UE5 games between 2024 and 2025 and beyond that are either now out or coming out in that time, a handful will likely slip beyond 2025 though like Witcher 4 and Cyberpunk 2, but all of these use Lumen, which is software/hybrid RT.

If AMD want to stand a chance then they need to do something with RDNA5 with RT performance. Nobody can say RT doesn't matte much any more, the dominant game engine of choice is UE, and UE5 makes dev lives much easier whilst games look much nicer in the process. UE5 is also made to be used with upscaling and frame gen tech as Epic and other devs have confirmed so all of these technologies are here to become part of high end gaming.

It's also quite amusing that in recent months all the RT naysayers have fallen silent :cry:

Doubly funny is that on places like reddit, with recent UE5 games, and even especially this week with the Wukong bench tool, people are posting on reddit that they disabled "RT" because they turned off full ray tracing thinking they're using raster :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom