• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Myth Wukong - Benchmark tool

Turn Frame Gen off and the blur will probably rapidly improve

Let’s see. ;)

Quite a big difference. Not quite free frames, for these settings at least. Makes you wonder what impact it’s having at higher resolutions.

Last edited:
7900GRE

1440P

40FPS

45 Max
35 Min

No Frame Gen
No RT

---------------------
1440P
Super Resolution: 75

89 FPS

Max 104
Min 73

Frame Gen On
No RT

Tough Game, but will be getting on PS5

Last edited:
Did Ray tracing really make much difference in this Benchmark? I can't remember it looking much different, but then I'm sure if I made the effort to actually watch a side-by-side I would see it.

Did Ray tracing really make much difference in this Benchmark? I can't remember it looking much different, but then I'm sure if I made the effort to actually watch a side-by-side I would see it.

Weirdly it doesn't, i can't see any visual difference, i'm sure if i looked harder i would see it, RT can make a huge difference and often does, but not in this it seems.

Last edited:
It looks poor IMHO even maxed out it just looks blurred. I think the problem is you can’t turn off DoF, motion blur and vignetting. Looks like you have cataracts quite frankly.

Turn Frame Gen off and the blur will probably rapidly improve
There is no blur from Frame Gen in this, there is only blur from Depth of Field which is a UE5 default feature based on object to camera distance.

Freeze grabs from my 4K 120fps video recording during the bench run with FG enabled and DLSS:

NDTOko3.jpeg

9fqLCKc.jpeg

H4s2Ihs.jpeg

Even the falling leaves in the last scene have no blurring/ghosting.

Granted this is using DLSS 3.7 with Preset E.
Weirdly it doesn't, i can't see any visual difference, i'm sure if i looked harder i would see it, RT can make a huge difference and often does, but not in this it seems.
It does look different, the water reflections actually have reflections with Full RT enabled. SHadows are path traced too instead of falling back to VSMs when Full RT is disabled tough the benchmark area isn't broad enough to tell shadow quality levels.

Also people need to stop forgetting that when you turn off Full RT, you are only turning off Path Tracing, Ray Tracing is /always/ on in UE5 games like this which use Lumen.

Last edited:
There is no blur from Frame Gen in this, there is only blur from Depth of Field which is a UE5 default feature based on object to camera distance.

Freeze grabs from my 4K 120fps video recording during the bench run with FG enabled and DLSS:

NDTOko3.jpeg

9fqLCKc.jpeg

H4s2Ihs.jpeg

Even the falling leaves in the last scene have no blurring/ghosting.

Granted this is using DLSS 3.7 with Preset E.

It does look different, the water reflections actually have reflections with Full RT enabled. SHadows are path traced too instead of falling back to VSMs when Full RT is disabled tough the benchmark area isn't broad enough to tell shadow quality levels.

Also people need to stop forgetting that when you turn off Full RT, you are only turning off Path Tracing, Ray Tracing is /always/ on in UE5 games like this which use Lumen.

Lumen has screen space options and even that can be turned off, you can in fact turn Ray Tracing off completely in UE5 and have traditional screen space GI, AO and Reflections or none at all. Path Tracing is also a separate option from standard DXR or an external plug-in like Nvidia's proprietary RTX.

Last edited:
It all seems to be lumped together with other settings. I could not find how to disable DoF for example. Not to mention the horrible vignette effects.

I'm hoping the actual game has more settings because as you mentioned there is a lot of stuff that it simply isn't an option to change.

Lumen has screen space options and even that can be turned off, you can in fact turn Ray Tracing off completely in UE5 and have traditional screen space GI, AO and Reflections or none at all. Path Tracing is also a separate option from standard DXR or an external plug-in like Nvidia's proprietary RTX.
Yes via tweaks to the game ini file additions but by default you cannot, that's what I'm saying, when you use the setting toggles, RT is always on in UE5 using Lumen whether hybrid or purely software. Nvidia's RTX is just normal ray tracing, nothing special about it other than the ray reconstruction extension (if added by the devs) that produces cleaner/faster RT/PT which is not possible on non RTX cards but all other RT features are just standard RT/PT which any card that has RT hardware can use. How good it runs depends on the RT hardware of said card.

There is no proprietary nvidia ray tracing, RTX is just the name given to the suite of Nvidia features like DLSS+Ray Reconstruction. RT in itself is the same across the board.

Last edited:
Yet the water still looks very good without the RT. Less of the RT noise and significantly higher FPS. I can live with less reflections considering there are other more tangible benefits.

It really needs to give us the option to turn off vignette, motion blur and DOF without turning off other effects.

I’m just not impressed with it graphically to be honest.

Yes via tweaks to the game ini file additions but by default you cannot, that's what I'm saying, when you use the setting toggles, RT is always on in UE5 using Lumen whether hybrid or purely software. Nvidia's RTX is just normal ray tracing, nothing special about it other than the ray reconstruction extension (if added by the devs) that produces cleaner/faster RT/PT which is not possible on non RTX cards but all other RT features are just standard RT/PT which any card that has RT hardware can use. How good it runs depends on the RT hardware of said card.

There is no proprietary nvidia ray tracing, RTX is just the name given to the suite of Nvidia features like DLSS+Ray Reconstruction. RT in itself is the same across the board.

Its not an engine default, in fact by default when you first start a project in UE5 RT is off entirely, if you want it you need to go in to project settings to turn it all on, Unreal Engine is used more for mobile games than it is anything else.

9900k @ 5ghz with a 3090... 17fps with everything max, at 4k with ray tracing...

It seems I'm somehow due an upgrade :D

Don't give up hope yet bud. I've just been doing some testing on my 3090, i7 11700 rig.

At 4k 21:9 setting (so it's ~3840x1620), DLSS performance, ray tracing medium and all settings Very High + Frame Gen on (using Nukem 9's Universal mod) I get this which should be very playable....

Have to say, without going into details yet I'm thoroughly unimpressed with the visuals for the high performance tax.

ALSO NOTE - if messing with the ray tracing settings you HAVE to exit the game and launch again for the changes to have effect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom