Black Panther nominations

Soldato
Glad I'm not the only one who was massively disappointed given the hype surrounding Black Panther! It certainly didn't deserve anything like the critical acclaim and the award nominations which were bestowed on it. It's a mediocre origin story at best. Given the calibre of some other Marvel movies Black Panther is well below par for the superhero franchise.

Soldato
Let's be honest, we all look racist if it doesn't get nominated.

Poor film but because they are black, they have to be nominated.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Watched Black Panther again recently. Only thing I think it should be nominated for is the original score, that is pretty special.

Rest of it... generic Marvel movie. Not even one of the top ones, middle of the road throughout.

Caporegime
It might not be as good as the others but still better than BP. :p

HOnestly the first Ant Man is woeful overall. His family is completely awful, the lead bad guy is just completely devoid of any personality at all. The group of idiot cohort thieves are embarrassing as the supposed comic relief. They made it too kiddie, and it wasn't just light hearted it was just stupid. There were moments that were okay but the entire final fight, every single scene with the bad guy was terrible. Most of the stuff that was just only Rudd, lost chick and Douglas were good.

I would put Black Panther ahead of Ant Man quite easily tbh.

Soldato
I would disagree with you on most points. Black Panther was a polished well made film, a bit po-faced but highly formulaic and struggling to be worthy. Ant Man was light hearted much smaller in scope (no pun intended) than most MCU films yes it made some different decisions about the comic relief but I did laugh watching it and it introduced the character well.

Soldato
Ant-Man was at least fun. Black Panther wasn't, at least not in my opinion. I'd rather have a fun film with faults than polished and dull.

As for Thor being one of the worst; it's better than The Dark World. That was a joyless trudge.

Also; I'm not really sure how Jonneymendoza can think Marvel is spelt Marval, when it appears at the start of every one of their films. :p

Back
Top Bottom