Black Summer (NetFlix)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Enjoyed this a lot. I hope there will be a second season. :)

Same, as mentioned heavily influenced by 28 days. Works well with all the different perspective. Bring on season 2. It was strange how we couldn't understand Sun throughout the whole series but she was able to fit in just fine.

Soldato
Watching it now. The 2 guys with the solider and the woman must be 2 of the dumbest people alive.

Edit - I mean the idiot is leisurely doing shopping with a trolley and playing pretend check out. WTF. How is he still alive?

I think with him trying to read a book, then try to get attention of that dog and then try shopping they are trying to show he is in some denial. Is in shock. Misses normality and company.

I'm on episode 6. Quite a jump from episode 5 WTH.

I thought I'd missed an episode but no.

Caporegime
I think with him trying to read a book, then try to get attention of that dog and then try shopping they are trying to show he is in some denial. Is in shock. Misses normality and company.

I'm on episode 6. Quite a jump from episode 5 WTH.

I thought I'd missed an episode but no.

I guess, but I still think he is being a bit dim. Like not closing doors behind him, making noises (drums?!), not getting supplies in the supermarket quickly (or lock it down) etc. His general awareness and survival instincts seem to be lacking in a big way.

Soldato
I guess, but I still think he is being a bit dim. Like not closing doors behind him, making noises (drums?!), not getting supplies in the supermarket quickly (or lock it down) etc. His general awareness and survival instincts seem to be lacking in a big way.

Agree. Also odd choice of characters. Ok one guy who can't speak fine. Then another who cant speak English why?

They've done the over the shoulder jittery horror camera well though.

Soldato
A character that gets a lot of screen time who doesn't speak English nor is translated gives it a bit of a trite element as well, it smacks of the writers or director trying too hard to be 'cool'.

I don't see what's wrong with that at all. Think about it, if you were dropped into a full-on SHTF situation, like a zombie apocalypse, and were travelling with a random Korean would you be able to speak and understand Korean?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I liked this series, its different the zombies are indeed more scary they are faster and more brutal like a zombie should be they can climb cars and run down stairs also. And even multiple gun shots and wounding them does not always take them out, head shots seem to work better.

The pacing for the show was good also they were not rushing scenes too much, you could have an episode where they are in a shopping mall or driving for the entire episode almost.

The platform for the series is good, hope a season 2 arrives.

No idea how so many felt this was a prequel to Z nation series.

Man of Honour
I just binge watched it and did enjoy it a lot. There were a lot of stupid moments like not closing doors, etc. But as a bit of entertainment I enjoyed it. I hope there is a second season.

Soldato
There were a lot of stupid moments like not closing doors

I lost count how many times I either shouted or just shook my head and muttered "For ***** sake, close the ******* door behind you". And those automatic doors on the supermarket, at least switch them off (or jam 'em shut) when you're in there doing your shopping.

Caporegime
Really liked this programme. Will watch series 2 if there is one.

Yes there is some dumb behaviour like not shutting doors when being chased etc., but in blind panic situations I think some people would genuinely behave like this.

The only one I remember that I couldn't rationalise was the bit with two soldiers in the corridor leading the survivor away with someone else behind them.

Soldato
For all the stupid things dont forget we've all seen countless zombie tv/film shows and know all the mistakes, ie shut doors. Easy to forget the characters in these dramas will probably have never seen a zombie movie or tv show and hence dont know what to do or be careful of ???? :)

Back
Top Bottom