Blackpool fined 25k

Caporegime
You cannot enforce rules based on opinion which is why this is so daft.

I agree, so why do the FA fine Wolves, Blackpool?

Think about it.........If we dont play Berbatov we are dropping the leagues top scorer. Is that a "weakened" team? If we play him and drop Hernandez who is in the form of his life is THAT a weakened team? Its a judgement call.

Ian Holloway perceived his team to be strong, the FA went purely on the fact that he made 9 or so changes between games, how many will Man UTD make from the Blackburn game?

Caporegime
No its not clear at all because "full strength" is completely subjective.

so it's not clear when Man UTD do it but it is when the smaller clubs do? my point is basically that the FA are inconsistent with regards to enforcing it.

Everybody knows Man UTD will not be playing their absolute strongest team, the odds at the bookies will tell you that and yet the FA will not fine them like they do when they 'perceive' the smaller clubs to have done it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree, so why do the FA fine Wolves, Blackpool?

Ian Holloway perceived his team to be strong, the FA went purely on the fact that he made 9 or so changes between games, how many will Man UTD make from the Blackburn game?

I agree, its ridiculous. I can only speak about Utd as i am a fan but whatever team Holloway plays is entirely up to him IMO.

The mistake McCarthy made at Wolves was actually SAYING he was going to field a weakened team. As daft as that sounds it made it easy for him to be charged.

Soldato
so it's not clear when Man UTD do it but it is when the smaller clubs do? my point is basically that the FA are inconsistent with regards to enforcing it.

Everybody knows Man UTD will not be playing their absolute strongest team, the odds at the bookies will tell you that and yet the FA will not fine them like they do when they 'perceive' the smaller clubs have done.

Its not clear because it isnt factual. If you think Man Utd strongest team has Berbatov and Rooney playing in a 442 and my strongest team has Hernandez playing alone up front in a 451 who decides what is a weakened team?

Permabanned
So we are coming up to the last game of the season where Man UTD are likely to field a weakened/not full strength team against Blackpool, will the FA fine them too if they do not win and Blackpool avoid relegation as a result? I'll bet not.

Mick McCarthy said it best.

"I don't care if they field a weakened team, it us up to us to get the result it is in our hands, we can;t affect anything they do"

"To be fair United fielded a weakened team against Schalke and the spanked 4 past them, I don't think United have a weak team.

That and the fact Fergie would love an unbeaten home season :)

Soldato
So we are coming up to the last game of the season where Man UTD are likely to field a weakened/not full strength team against Blackpool, will the FA fine them too if they do not win and Blackpool avoid relegation as a result? I'll bet not.

Yeah because the FA never charge us do they? :rolleyes:

Our weakened team will probably consist of Rafael, a Northern Ireland international centre back, Smalling, Scholes, Fletcher & the leagues top goal scorer. Not to mentioned Fergie has already said he doesn't plan on giving everyone a rest between now and the cup final so whoever doesn't play against Blackpool will play against Juventus so I'd reckon there's a big chance the likes of Nani & Evra will also feature against Blackpool likewise VDS as it would be his last competitive game at OT.

Caporegime
Its not clear because it isnt factual.

A lack of factual evidence didn't stop the FA fining Blackpool.

If you think Man Utd strongest team has Berbatov and Rooney playing in a 442 and my strongest team has Hernandez playing alone up front in a 451 who decides what is a weakened team?

The FA apparently, except they waiver the rule when it comes to the top clubs.

It's true Man UTD are spoilt for choice striker-wise but wouldn't all Man UTD fans agree that VDS, Vidic & Ferdinand is their strongest defense? if the Blackpool line up will be "full-strength" like the rule stipulates then we can expect to see the same 11 starting against Barcelona too? suicide no? ;)

Anyway I'm done whinging, I'm not on a crusade to get Man UTD fined I just think they either need to abolish this silly rule or enforce it consistently throughout the league and not selectively at the FA's discretion.

Don
Like every decision from the FA, it's totally random. They fined Blackpool and Wolves but didn't sign Utd when they played a half strength side vs Hull the other season or Liverpool when we done the same at Fulham a few seasons back too.

Back
Top Bottom