• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

I'm interested in upgrading my 7900XT but it's not looking good for a Nvidia card if the price rumours are true. The thing is, I can't recall the last game I struggled to play at decent frame rates at 4k from a purely FPS point of view, and I've yet to experience any of the RTX exclusive features like Ray Tracing as I never bothered trying any of it with my 3080.

Looks like I'll continue not knowing what I'm missing. :)

I'm interested in upgrading my 7900XT but it's not looking good for a Nvidia card if the price rumours are true. The thing is, I can't recall the last game I struggled to play at decent frame rates at 4k from a purely FPS point of view, and I've yet to experience any of the RTX exclusive features like Ray Tracing as I never bothered trying any of it with my 3080.

AMD can do ray tracing too, in a lot of games a 7900XT is about on par with a 3090:

I planned on the 7900xtx gave up and kept my 1080ti

Ill be looking again this release, with the 4080 Super coming at 999 on launch I'm kind of hoping the 5080 will release at £999 considering the 4080's didn't sell that well (in that they were always in stock even early on in the life cycle) I don't think I'm even going to pay attention to AMD this time as they have given up, but if AMD's new card is a 7900xtx equivalent but at a mid tier price of 500-600 I may consider it. Either way I want at least a 80 series at 1000 or under it not ill just keep the 1080ti again, tbh I'm only playing older games and most of the new ones i'm not interested in, and until GTAVI releases (which is apparently 2026 now) I don't feel like I need one... so realistically i'm probably going to be sticking with the 1080ti lmao.

I planned on the 7900xtx gave up and kept my 1080ti

Ill be looking again this release, with the 4080 Super coming at 999 on launch I'm kind of hoping the 5080 will release at £999 considering the 4080's didn't sell that well (in that they were always in stock even early on in the life cycle) I don't think I'm even going to pay attention to AMD this time as they have given up, but if AMD's new card is a 7900xtx equivalent but at a mid tier price of 500-600 I may consider it. Either way I want at least a 80 series at 1000 or under it not ill just keep the 1080ti again, tbh I'm only playing older games and most of the new ones i'm not interested in, and until GTAVI releases (which is apparently 2026 now) I don't feel like I need one... so realistically i'm probably going to be sticking with the 1080ti lmao.
So you went from £999 is too much for a gpu I'll stick with my old one to hoping it's only £999.
Jensen is some sort of wizard.

AMD can do ray tracing too, in a lot of games a 7900XT is about on par with a 3090:
Every time I've enabled RTX, I've been completely underwhelmed. I'd rather have the smooth frames. I just can't get excited about it.

Every time I've enabled RTX, I've been completely underwhelmed. I'd rather have the smooth frames. I just can't get excited about it.
My personal barrier to going to AMD is less RTX and more losing GSYNC (and needing to have a monitor swap to support something other than G sync).

I've seen AMDs VRR has come along but also read its not as solid as GSYNC.

Freesync works perfectly and is compatible with Gsync monitors.

Having owned 2 freesync premium (ran on both amd and nvidia) and going from a gsync ultimate, it doesn't. Using similar screens i.e. qd-oled, the gsync ultimate is noticeably better in 2 areas:

- considerably less vrr flicker (rtings have tested this and the only screen that scores well here is the gsync ultimate one)
- fluctuating fps ranges are much smoother on the gsync ultimate screen especially when you drop below 55 fps

So you went from £999 is too much for a gpu I'll stick with my old one to hoping it's only £999.
Jensen is some sort of wizard.

No because they didn't release at 999 they were above that. I set my limit to 1000 and kept to it, the ones I wanted were 1100-1200 and I refused to pay that, not sure how he won when I didn't cave to the prices?

999 I think is fair for 80 tier I paid 800 for my 1080ti and with inflation, it's probably about that.

Back
Top Bottom