• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

EK confirmed next gen RTX 5080 and 5090 will launch soon this year in 2024.

20 Sept or Oct or maybe Nov?

You mean this company?
Seems like not the most trustworthy source anymore, considering their constant lies about finances, payments to employees and suppliers and general bankruptcy looming closely.

Last edited:
If I was in the market for water cooling parts today I'd steer well clear of ekwb

The company could go bankrupt any day, they struggle to pay employees and they have $30 million of debt with interest rates they can't afford and they have no y assets as ekwb legally doesn't own any machines to make watercooling parts.

And if you buy ekwb stuff and they fold, then goodbye to your warranty or any support

Last edited:

i would be surprised to see them in quantities this side of Christmas if they do and you can be sure Nvidia will be charging top dollar for early adopters.:rolleyes:

i would be surprised to see them in quantities this side of Christmas if they do and you can be sure Nvidia will be charging top dollar for early adopters.:rolleyes:

Given prices of 40xx are going down now, this year is sounding more likely now. I'm expecting the 5090 to be between 1500-2000 and the 5080 to be around £1000. Doubt the xx90 will change in price much, if at all during its lifetime, all the previous flagships never drop much in price but wouldn't be surprised if 5080 gets a price drop in the not too distant future.....

It's the humidity that makes it unbearable. I suffer the same crap every summer. My room is utterly insufferable.

This. I got up the other day and it was 20C in the house but 80% humidity and it was atrocious.

The irony is that air conditioning systems are on average usually 3-4x more efficient than heating systems as they ONLY run on electricity and they are removing heat from the air which is easier than adding heat to the air. With global warming, AC units are only going to increase in usage time while heating decreases in usage time.

Their efficiency at heating is partly why AC installations are currently VAT-exempt.

My predictions
5090 = 65%-70% over 4090

You're dreaming.

That's the same bump the 4090 was over the 3090 and that had a 50% reduction in process node with associated benefits to transistor count and clock speeds. The 5090 will have no such die shrink to lean on.

You're dreaming.

That's the same bump the 4090 was over the 3090 and that had a 50% reduction in process node with associated benefits to transistor count and clock speeds. The 5090 will have no such die shrink to lean on.
Nothing that couldn't be beaten by throwing power and transistors at it. But then it will be expensive to buy and to run, likely much more than 4090.

Nothing that couldn't be beaten by throwing power and transistors at it. But then it will be expensive to buy and to run, likely much more than 4090.

And I'm sure they'll try but I just can't see any way of obtaining a 60-70% performance bump on the same process node.

This. I got up the other day and it was 20C in the house but 80% humidity and it was atrocious.
I said to my dad the humidity in England is ridiculous. It's literally tropical rainforest levels. I have an Alexa spy device in the kitchen,and it's like 'today expect highs of 22c' ok that's fine imo. Then it's like 'and the humidity will be 82 percent' ! Off topic sorry.

maybe the ac isnt properly sized for the room or its skipped a round of maintenance.. ac is supposed to drain excess water from the room, its actually integral to the cooling process, unless the fan is blowing over an open water reservoir because of a drainage block

also RH again is often misinterpreted - 80% RH at 20 deg C isnt comparable to 60% RH at 29. infact in absolute terms it could be the same quantity of water as the holding capacity of air increases with temperature

Last edited:
also RH again is often misinterpreted - 80% RH at 20 deg C isnt comparable to 60% RH at 29. infact in absolute terms it could be the same quantity of water as the holding capacity of air increases with temperature
Which is why only really relative humidity matter. That said, most UK places have no Aircon nor dehumidifiers.

Last edited:
maybe the ac isnt properly sized for the room or its skipped a round of maintenance.. ac is supposed to drain excess water from the room, its actually integral to the cooling process, unless the fan is blowing over an open water reservoir because of a drainage block

Err, where did I say I had AC running? Coincidentally, I do actually have AC but it wasn't running overnight. I did actually switch it on to reduce the humidity.

Also I understand the relative humidity thing and 60-65% humidity is generally fine around 20C but 80% was horrid, even at 20C and made it feel "muggy" and "sticky" even though the temperature was fine, that's all I was saying.

Last edited:
Here’s hoping the 5090 drops via Geforce Experience invite again, it’s how I got my 4090. I was talking to a mate last week and when I said I was 50/50 on getting one because the 4090 is still great he said if I didn’t I wouldn’t be the kind of person he thought I was, that’s the kind of snipe that’s made up my mind.

Last edited:
Which is why only really relative humidity meter. That said, most UK places have no Aircon nor dehumidifiers.
Dehumidifiers became really popular last Autumn after the death associated with mould went viral on the news. You couldn't find a good one in stock for a couple of months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom