Blood Scandal

Caporegime
Unless my peepers deceive me there's no thread on this!

The conclusions released today have been absolutely unreal. Stretching from individual doctors, through the NHS, to the department of health and then multiple successive PMs. A lot of people should be in prison over this. A lot.

Given we've had the post office scandal and now this, it begs the questions of what's next?

Caporegime
wasn't there another nhs scandal with Hepatitis C? and obviously the elephant in the room no one can talk about.
clot shots but I guess thats more on AZ and the government.

Although the NHS were sacking people who wouldn't get jabbed? I wonder how many have died of clots, surely there must be at least a few and people who came close.

Last edited:
Associate
Everyone knows what's next, but lets keep this thread on track. Its a national disgrace the way successive government ignored this. It is sort of a hollow victory for the families that a Prime Minister who wasnt born when the people in power knowingly let this happen, has to make an apology. "The Prime Minister told MPs that he wanted “to make a wholehearted and unequivocal apology for this terrible injustice,” which marks the first time the Government has formally said sorry in the decades-long tragedy"

It is always the same with any British public scandal. Ignore, ignore, deny, deny, inquiry, inquiry (all the time the people responsible get old, live happy lives then more often than not die) then an apology from a government 30 years from the event.

Associate
My best friend of over 30 years is affected by this. The shear deciept, lies and delays he has had to go through is appalling, how no minister has gone to prison for this I'll never understand, the French dealt with this 20 years ago and a Health minister was found guilty of involuntary homicide.

Utter shameful by multiple governments both Tory and Labour.

Associate
It is not just the succesive goverments though is it. It's also the civil service. i imagine there are still people around in the civil service now that were around 30 years ago covering this up and advising goverments to cover it up.

And they will as i say still be around today. lying covering stuff up, being useless. with no chance of being punished / sacked for being so hopelessly useless.

That is why the country is falling apart a totally incompetant civil service

A home office that ''loses'' thousands of illegals immigrants

A department of health that overseas and covers up this blood scandal

A ministry of defence that cant get anything on budget in a month of sundays

If i had time im sure i could list all departments the same

they are hopeless they all need a good clear out

Soldato
The most disgusting thing is that we now know, with absolute certainty, that various cover-ups were carried out by numerous folks and yet, just like with the Post Office cover-ups, no-one will ever be criminally punished. Sadly the same people in the media who smeared these campaigners as conspiracy theorists back in the 80's when this first started to be reported will never admit their mistakes, and anyone who still believe that "Governments nowadays don't do cover-ups" need their head examining!

Soldato
Just seems like the Post Office Scandal, Grenfell Tower Scandal, pick a scandal-any-scandal.... UK Government doesn't give a fig, lots of empty words of apology and then nothing will change, they just rely on so much time passing during the subsequent 'public inquiry' that those who made the decisions will no longer be in office/retired or dead.

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
wasn't there another nhs scandal with Hepatitis C? and obviously the elephant in the room no one can talk about.
clot shots but I guess thats more on AZ and the government.

Although the NHS were sacking people who wouldn't get jabbed? I wonder how many have died of clots, surely there must be at least a few and people who came close.

Last i checked clot incidence was higher from catching covid in the first place, but it'll be very hard to tell until later down the line.

Who were the health ministers at the time who made spurious statements about the blood having no proven ill effects and such not, surely these people should be judicially challenged, for misconduct in public office?

Caporegime
Last i checked clot incidence was higher from catching covid in the first place
based on what though? people on respirators? obese people who barely move?

We'll probably never know the true stats for the average healthy and fairly active person.

anyway any further discussion on it derails the thread

Associate
Here is a headline

"The school killed by contaminated blood: Of 122 boys infected only 30 are still alive​

Infected blood inquiry has revealed children at Lord Mayor Treloar College between 1970 and 1987 were ‘treated like guinea pigs’"

I cant get my head around how no one will be held to account. Not one person. Its all well and good that a PM just out of his political nappies and about to be voted out apologies, throws a few quid at it then moves on. But there are still people working in the civil service and Nhs who were fully aware.

Back
Top Bottom