Bloody Foxes!

Associate
The screaming season has started. :rolleyes:

Don't know if anyone else has the same problem at night but over here in London they are now so tame that you can bang and shout at them and they just ignore you and carry on.

There are loads in my part of SE London, they're protected in the city too, I can do nothing about the den burrowing under my patio. In the city they are invariably vermin, I know from personal experience they eat cats too. At least their numbers can be controlled in the country, start shooting them in SE London and you can imagine the armed response that'd turn up in no time.

Associate
I had some cubs living in my greenhouse a few years ago.

I don’t think we get as many foxes around now days as the neighbours feral cats are still around.

Man of Honour
My sisters got a house in Catford and shes showed me pictures of the ones digging up everything in her garden...

I used to have a flat between Bromley and Catford and around this time of year they'd be all over the place in the streets especially in the early hours of the morning and didn't give a **** about anyone passing by, etc.

Soldato
When I was a lad I lived across the road from a farm.

We used to spend our days at some part of the year 'training' fox found pups, legging it across a cow barn, tea towel hanging out the back of our shorts like a tail, that made you move some.....nippy, in every sense, little ******** they are.

TBF though, while I was raised in the country and believe pest control is a necessity, actual hunting really isn't the best way to do it.

Man of Honour
When I was a lad I lived across the road from a farm.

We used to spend our days at some part of the year 'training' fox found pups, legging it across a cow barn, tea towel hanging out the back of our shorts like a tail, that made you move some.....nippy, in every sense, little ******** they are.

TBF though, while I was raised in the country and believe pest control is a necessity, actual hunting really isn't the best way to do it.

I've lived on and off in rural Somerset, currently living surrounded by farms. Hardly ever see foxes - occasionally they run across the road in front of me when driving home in the dead of night. Saw 10x more foxes when I lived in the middle of London than I've ever seen in the countryside.

Soldato
They're probably more compatible with humans as a city scavenger than a country predator TBF.

They probably do a public service in terms of cleaning up. I saw a documentary once that explained how ants contributed to waste control in big cities, it was quite staggering IIRC.

Associate
The scream is bloodcurdling. It’s like a cats being skinned alive or something.
Yep. We never really got them where I am to maybe 5 years ago. I remember being awake late and wondering WTF was going on, assumed that something was being brutally murdered. Looked out the window to see two foxes walking down the street screaching.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its not just the screaming the red ******* have now taken it upon to start burying dead pigeons in my huge hosta pot, thats twice now.

Soldato
I have an electronic jet sprayer. Keeps them out of my garden at least and I no longer have to deal with the stinky poo!

Associate
Its not just the screaming the red ******* have now taken it upon to start burying dead pigeons in my huge hosta pot, thats twice now.
Yea they do like dragging rubbish into ours too. We've had a dead chicken, like you'd get grin a supermarket and a dead headless chicken which they must have dragged from a farm somewhere.
Was down my uncles a few years back helping him build a shed, one came within 10m of us while we were having lunch, grabbed a glove and ****** off!

Associate
No they are definitely not protected and are vermin, so can be humanely killed. A local farmer has shot over 12 since January just on his own modest area of land. One of my dogs got a fox last week, thankfully despatching it quickly and cleanly. There seem a lot about round here this year.

What you cannot legally do is actively hunt them with a pack of hounds.

We was very shocked to see a hunt going last Christmas in a field. Hounds and all. I didn't know if it was still legal or not but there were loads of them.

Associate
We have lots where I live. Not bothered by them really but do get woken up when they are outside the house. I even have a regular that visits the garden every night around 12ish.

Man of Honour
We was very shocked to see a hunt going last Christmas in a field. Hounds and all. I didn't know if it was still legal or not but there were loads of them.

It causes a bit of drama around my way couple of the farms do full on hunts semi-regularly and there is a ~2000 strong saboteur group dedicated to frustrating them (usually about 200 turn up on the day). The last one I'm not entirely sure what happened but someone's vehicle got rammed - looked like an innocent member of the public who happened to be wrong place, wrong time and then someone got run over (not badly) and it looked like it was about to kick off into a full on brawl before the police turned up in numbers (can't really see much but a picture I got below).

aYSCTdy.png

Back
Top Bottom