BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I figured I may as well add my F33 430i in Estoril blue. By far the best colour in my opinion. Pictures really don't do it justice.

1.jpg

2.jpg

image3.jpg

image1.jpg

Associate
That looks stunning.

I saw a few of them lately and always thought they looked really good. I had to do a double take to realise they were retractable hard tops.

Soldato
That looks stunning.

I saw a few of them lately and always thought they looked really good. I had to do a double take to realise they were retractable hard tops.

Cheers... She's a beauty. It's a shame that BMW appear to be swapping back to a soft top for the next 4 series.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
If I'm doing 50k a year... Do I really need to keep my oil service every 10k?

OK I understand the beginning of that sentence has no basis on the question... But let's assume it does somehow plz :p

Soldato
ooooh the digital dash looks pretty awesome

Yeah it's lovely... You get one of three different screens depending on which mode you're driving in.

- Sport: Which turns completely red and features a purely digital speedometer.
- Comfort: Which sort of replicates the standard analogue cluster.
- Eco: Completely blue, with multiple driving aids.

This isn't a photo of my car, I just found this online quickly. It doesn't look like a 4 series either so it's very subtly different, but it should give you an idea.

45755324-213238456235145-4672661055272962969-n.jpg

The centre space between the dials is used for various things like live navigation info etc. And the dial on the right is linked to the media system. When you're using the steering wheel control it displays a scrollable list of contacts, radio stations, songs, albums etc.

Soldato
Is that the new digital dash? As it looks different to what I've seen so far. Or are they the normal dials?

It's the 'old' one, I actually didn't know it ever found it's way to the 3/4 series. My 330e still had real dials + that weird 'black display' or whatever they called it, is it 4 series only or was there another change post-facelift?

Man of Honour
It's the full digital dash out of the F10, where it has been available since 2012.

Which is why it's fairly basic, it has no additional functionality but just presents it all in a prettier way.

Soldato
It's the full digital dash out of the F10, where it has been available since 2012.

Which is why it's fairly basic, it has no additional functionality but just presents it all in a prettier way.

Yeah, it's a shame. I've got it in my F10 LCI, and its biggest issue is the inability to change the pre-defined presets.

There's 3 different modes, as shown in the pictures, and whilst they all look good in their own right, it would be great if the colour schemes and displays were configurable.

There is also a small delay to the speedometer as well, which can be dangerous when accelerating hard.

In a semi-related fashion, I've got a courtesy 520d M-Sport touring for the day whilst my car is in for a routine service. I am both positively surprised at the changes in the interior as well as slightly unimpressed. BMW have really stuck with their mantra of not revolutionising what's not broken. The digital displays were sharper and more colourful, but not much more modern in functionality. The largest improvement was the indicator stalk. Not that I use it much anyway. :D

I am now convinced an estate would not take anything away from the ride enjoyment, and would add some boot practicality. I may even prefer its shape. But I would really not want to return to owning a four pot diesel again.

Caporegime
Has anyone driven the G30/G31? I need something a bit newer and have started shopping around. As usual most are 520Ds, would prefer a 530D but wondered how much real world difference there is. The 530e pops up every now and again but I don't think it makes a great deal of sense for my use.

I've glanced at the A6 but the model they've just replaced looks very dated inside and the new models interior looks terrible to my eye.

This caught my eye locally:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908060862442?make=BMW&radius=30&price-from=20000&postcode=le158lh&model=5 SERIES&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&price-to=30000&body-type=Estate&page=1

Reading the above maybe I should have a look at the new 3 series too then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom