BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Lovely car, which blue is that please?

Marina Bay Blue. It looks amazing in person, the picture really does it no favours. Surprisingly it was a standard colour, though I would have certainly paid extra for it. Actually the Donington Grey looks really good too (my second choice) and that was standard also.

Caporegime
Marina Bay Blue. It looks amazing in person, the picture really does it no favours. Surprisingly it was a standard colour, though I would have certainly paid extra for it. Actually the Donington Grey looks really good too (my second choice) and that was standard also.

Great colour. love most of the blues BMW do. i went tanzanite Blue with my X5. Will be a bugger to keep looking nice but oh well.

Man of Honour
Yeah I am. its not cheap but probably worth it on this colour.
Yeah I think so too. Just have to be weary what you wash the car with. I'm getting my M3 done in the spring, gone for Gyeon MoHs and XPel PPF. Considering I'll be doing track days I think it's definitely worth it.

Soldato
Depends how long you intend to keep your car… I did the whole Gyeon MoHs and XPel treatment recently, only to chop the car in 2mins later when I got offered silly money for it.

I’m 99.9% sure the M5 will last longer, but I’ve said this before. Everything changes so quickly these days.

Caporegime
Yeah I think so too. Just have to be weary what you wash the car with. I'm getting my M3 done in the spring, gone for Gyeon MoHs and XPel PPF. Considering I'll be doing track days I think it's definitely worth it.

Not cheap but looks good. Just priced up the Xpel PPF and its over a grand just for the film to do the front bumper, bonnet and mirrors plus fitting.

Man of Honour
Not cheap but looks good. Just priced up the Xpel PPF and its over a grand just for the film to do the front bumper, bonnet and mirrors plus fitting.

Is it worth the bother? I've had my car a good 5 years now and it still looks great, there are a few stone chips on the front now but not so much you'd notice unless you're washing the car and you could get the entire bumper resprayed now for well under that grand. The rest of the car is absolutely pristine without a single mark except a couple of bonnet chips.

Man of Honour
I had a brief passenger ride then followed a friend in his brand new Alpina 5 estate series at the weekend. They are so rapid and the thing has a mountain of torque and traction. Initial get up and go bested my Merc and needed to be into serious speeds to haul it in.

To add he did say “all I could hear was your Merc and it sounded incredible” so I bested him there :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is it worth the bother? I've had my car a good 5 years now and it still looks great, there are a few stone chips on the front now but not so much you'd notice unless you're washing the car and you could get the entire bumper resprayed now for well under that grand. The rest of the car is absolutely pristine without a single mark except a couple of bonnet chips.

Yeah which is what is putting me off. With labour I reckon I wouldnt get change from £2k. It might be amazing that your can rub it with a wire brush and it recovers but doubt Ill spend £2k for it.

Caporegime
Unhappy with the front of your new M3 or M4?

Need more ugliness for the back to balance it out?

q4MHr10.jpg
PgbWd9L.jpg

:eek:

You need to tick the double ugly add on option
Wait, is that genuine BMW and not aftermarket? Wow what is happening in BMW’s styling department these days? I mean sure the Bangle stuff at the time was out there but as tastes changed they became quite acceptable, perhaps even attractive to some. That’s just…chav.

Back
Top Bottom