BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Got a couple of issues with notifications. First one is that it keeps giving me recommended journeys when i start the car even though under Settings\Show At Start of Journey i have unticked Notifications and Recommendations. Second one is, whenever someone connects their phone up to my car i have notifications saying that the BMW app is available for it. The only way i can get rid of the notification is to delete the device, surely i should be able to to do it without resorting to that. Help please, i hate having things show up that i don't want to.

Man of Honour
IMG-4978.jpg

Went to clean it but ended up driving it instead.

Soldato
Got a couple of issues with notifications. First one is that it keeps giving me recommended journeys when i start the car even though under Settings\Show At Start of Journey i have unticked Notifications and Recommendations. Second one is, whenever someone connects their phone up to my car i have notifications saying that the BMW app is available for it. The only way i can get rid of the notification is to delete the device, surely i should be able to to do it without resorting to that. Help please, i hate having things show up that i don't want to.
Is this the answer? https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1648581

Man of Honour
Had cause to rush down to Devon yesterday, after a total piece of **** decided to steal my 83 year old mums purse, a 230 mile trip and took the 530D. Can’t think any car would have done a better job and after coming back home this PM I feel awake and not like I’ve just done a 3 and a bit hour drive. I did the same trip over Christmas in my GTR and was far more tired and you forget just how effortless a modern big saloon is at this type of thing.

It does need its geo doing as I mentioned though as the steering is off centre. Averaged 38mpg so not that special but I did lead foot it back (never going over 70 of course..)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Can’t think any car would have done a better job and after coming back home this PM I feel awake and not like I’ve just done a 3 and a bit hour drive.

My 535d and M5 were in this bracket and while they are absolutely excellent at munching miles, they are knocked into touch by my Range Rover for long distance motoring. Commanding driving position, magic carpet suspension and double glazing to reduce road noise to a whisper is the recipe for truly effortless long distance stuff. It is a shame it is a wallowy pig once you're off the motorway though.

Soldato

Fully aggree, I've had my 430d for a year now & still cant get over how modern diesels perform. Admittedly it's remapped to 315bhp but even at stock I had no complaints.
I grew up in the days of clattery old 4 cylinders from the likes of BL & Ford which had all the get up & go of a rice pudding.
These days though every time I drive mine I just can't get over how good they are.

Hope your mom's OK also, & the toe rag gets what he deserves.

Man of Honour
My 535d and M5 were in this bracket and while they are absolutely excellent at munching miles, they are knocked into touch by my Range Rover for long distance motoring. Commanding driving position, magic carpet suspension and double glazing to reduce road noise to a whisper is the recipe for truly effortless long distance stuff. It is a shame it is a wallowy pig once you're off the motorway though.
Subjectively this is MUCH quieter and objectively much smoother than my old F10 530D. The engine it pretty silent and both road and wind noise are minimal. I spent last night in Salcombe and that comes with some nice twisties and it wasn’t too bad on those either, though the Mercedes would have been EPIC. I borrowed the previous RR and just can’t get on with them. They are superb no question, just not a me car as I don’t like how they stop or turn….or even that up high driving position oddly which is just a me thing and maybe when married to the RR as on the LR90 I liked it.

Man of Honour
Fully aggree, I've had my 430d for a year now & still cant get over how modern diesels perform. Admittedly it's remapped to 315bhp but even at stock I had no complaints.
I grew up in the days of clattery old 4 cylinders from the likes of BL & Ford which had all the get up & go of a rice pudding.
These days though every time I drive mine I just can't get over how good they are.

Hope your mom's OK also, & the toe rag gets what he deserves.
Mum is good thanks. She was shaken and really annoyed, but at 83 it can have an impact hence the drive.

The most annoying was I bought her some Apple Tags and she has them on her keys and handbag but not a purse. Shame as it would have been nice to see if we could have got the smack head scum back who robbed her (in Torquay she lives in Brixham and was out for the day).

Man of Honour
I agree with you, I don't think the 2.0d suits the 5 Series well and the running cost differences between it and the 3.0d are marginal at best. Most things are the same price.

Caporegime
Man of Honour
My Mrs likes the sound of it, I like it quite warm and higher fan speed and she's always moaning the face off me so got a free pass for a 525d or 530d.

The bigger problem with the basic climate in the 520d is that it has no sun load sensor. So you're forever trying to make it colder when the sun is out. It confuses me why there was ever two versions as nobody understood the difference they probably sold 1 person a more expensive climate system in all the time the car was for sale new. Just annoying.

I see no reason to buy a 525d. Costs enough over a 520d that you may as well get a 530d.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The bigger problem with the basic climate in the 520d is that it has no sun load sensor. So you're forever trying to make it colder when the sun is out. It confuses me why there was ever two versions as nobody understood the difference they probably sold 1 person a more expensive climate system in all the time the car was for sale new. Just annoying.

I see no reason to buy a 525d. Costs enough over a 520d that you may as well get a 530d.
Do you have examples of these 2 types of CC?

Man of Honour
Just look at both the cars Jon has posted - a 520d and a 530d.

The 520d has Climate Control, but the 530d (Well, any F10 that isn't a 520d actually) has Climate Control With Extended Features. Only the 'Extended Features' are those you'd expect to have normally rather than anything particularly special.

Over the regular Climate Control, the Extended Features adds a solar load sensor, a fogging sensor and the ability for driver and passenger to have different blower speed settings. The latter is nice to have, but the former is a basic component of most climate control systems...

Back
Top Bottom