BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
8 year old battery pack. What could possibly go wrong? I bet it does about 8 miles not 30. And it’ll be a fortune to replace.

So batteries deplete over the years quickly on these? I don't know enough about battery technology and the depreciation

I guess your then stuck with a heavier car with low range . Anyone know what sort of mpg id get of the petrol side of it? Looking at reviews 30-40mpg standard

Soldato
I guess your then stuck with a heavier car with low range .
yes that's why I'm looking for a vanilla 320/330 .. just aren't many around w/o the M(Motorway only?) suspension - seen a couple in last 3 months, within an acceptable distance from Cambridge.
mhev, sorry a liability too, but stop-start per se isn't friendly to battery life.
loss of some boot space too on the e's.

MHEV : googled cost of bm MHEV battery - $2K , interesting comments of keeping it trickle charging so it's not too run down, and, also, controversy over cayenne mhev battery warranty/cost.,
electric cars look more and more attractive.

Caporegime
Ordered a X5 50e today to replace my 45e.

Managed to tick several more option boxes and the car was already several thousands more than the 45e, but BMW has a good lease deal offer on atm and it comes out £25 per month cheaper than my 45e plus they will replace my old car 3 months early with no extra charge. New car list price is £13k more than the old one with thew extra options I selected so surprised its cheaper.

Selected Manhatten Green. Not sure yet but will have to lock in the spec next week. Still cant decide whether to tick the box for the Bowers & Wilkens stereo upgrade but its an extra £46 per month so maybe not.

Soldato
Fitted my new grilles today.

Untitled.jpg

Soldato
Test drive booked for a 240i at the weekend. Good discounts available at the moment on them through drive the deal. Trying to convince the other half blue is best :D

Soldato
Test drive booked for a 240i at the weekend. Good discounts available at the moment on them through drive the deal. Trying to convince the other half blue is best :D
Take the dtd offer to the dealership and see if they'll match it. I did with my current BMW and got a very good deal. Enough so that I can replace it with a new one without putting much of a cash deposit. Thus only £4.5k cash, £320 month on a new M235i GC with tech and pro packs.
Good Apr being offered...

Last edited:
Soldato
Take the dtd offer to the dealership and see if they'll match it. I did with my current BMW and got a very good deal. Enough so that I can replace it with a new one without putting much of a cash deposit. Thus only £4.5k cash, £320 month on a new M235i GC with tech and pro packs.
Good Apr being offered...
Whats the good APR?

Soldato
Morning all!

I tried to fit some OEM roof bars on my 530D G30 Friday from The Roof Box Company but for some reason the fixing plates wouldn’t allow me to bolt the

CR6006 - CRUZ roof bars fitting kit: CRUZ OptiPLUS FIX fitting kit no. CR6006 (936-006)
BMW 5 series four door saloon (2017 to 2023)

After speaking to the their customer support for well over an hour they have told me I can return them, which I plan to and order another hopefully the correctly fitting set this time

My question is, is there a max weight/size box I should be aware of, I know the roof bars have a max load and so does the box?

Soldato
So the test drive of the 240i was great. Completely sold on both the looks and drive, it’s bonkers. The new interior is, in my opinion, a downgrade with the two massive screens. It does work well though and the climate is easily accessible which was my biggest worry. I do miss buttons though.

Other half is now a blue convert so spec is all decided. Sent my dealer (Stephen James) a drive the deal quote to see if they can get close. Will be placing an order shortly either way. :)

TS7

TS7

Soldato
What are peoples thoughts on the 'Cosmetic and alloy wheel maintenance plan' offered by BMW. It's provided by a company called EMaC.

I would usually decline such policies but given the size of the BMW and the 20" diamond cut alloys - it may be worth it.

It's £699 for a three year policy which includes four quarterly inspections of the entire exterior of the vehicle any damage repaired within the below parameters:

Cosmetic: uptown 10 treatments per year for minor stone chips or other debris marks, surface scuffs, scrapes or scratches or other minor indentations.
Alloy Wheel: up to 4 treatments per year for debris marks, surface scuffs, scrapes, scratches or any other minor indentation

Full details and brochure if anyone is interested: https://www.sytner.co.uk/cosmetic-care

Back
Top Bottom