1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, Apr 12, 2012.

1. mjt

Capodecina

Couldn't you get a bank loan for a lot less than 6%?

2. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Yes but the monthly payments would be much higher as there isn't a huge amount of the borrowing offset to the end as there is in a PCP...

3. mjt

Capodecina

True. Hadn't thought about the monthly repayments on a loan for a 12-month-old 535d :p

It would work if he's willing to put some of his own money in there though, which he's get back when he sells. If he has the cash it's be a darn sight cheaper!

4. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Also, if they are the sub £30k 12 month old ones then he needs to ask who the previous user was ;)

5. melbourne720

Wise Guy

Adaptive LEDs are nice, I have them but I'm not sure I'd spec them from new.

Professional Media is essential. Well, highly desirable. I wouldn't like to sell 330e without it tbh.

Heated seats and steering wheel are excellent on a cold Winter morning.

Add HUD and MSports Plus Pack. Those 330e are quick, it'll need the breaks off the MSPP.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  6. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Don't forget that the base M Sport now has LED lights as standard - not adaptive, but not quite the dire halogen's you used to get.

Agree.

It doesn't need the brakes at all, it isn't a rocket ship or a supercar (Or even that fast compared with many other cars in the range for which the uprated brakes are not available). Whilst obviously the M Sport braking system is better it's fairly obvious it's main reason for existence is for styling purposes.

The M Sport Plus pack is a good value option, but don't go thinking you NEED the M Sport braking system because you don't. Last F30 I hired was faster than a 330e, had no M Sport braking system, and was absolutely fine.

7. panthro

Capodecina

I have a 330d Touring until my car is repaired. Surprised how fast these newer x30d engines are.

8. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

It's a combination of engine and gearbox - that ZF 8 speed box is simply stunning.

When you consider how much I despised anything diesel...

9. Dave777

Gangster

I was getting a Pre reg 535d but changed to a new one with 4.9% Apr and haggled a discount to get close to the Pre reg one and got the toys I wanted.

10. panthro

Capodecina

It really is. First time I've spent a long period of time driving a ZF 8 speed gearbox. Next car I get will have this gearbox. I'd love to try a 335d and a 340i for comparison.

11. alx

Soldato

Assume your Z4 35i was manual?

12. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

The 35i Z4's are DCT (Well, or manual) not ZF8HP.

If you want a Z4 with the ZF8HP you need a 20i or a 28i.

13. chroniclard

Capodecina

Works great in auto mode in the 340i, manual/flappy paddles are not great but ok for a blast now and again. Deep down I think I would prefer a decent manual box but overall the auto is easy mode fun. :)

14. Scrutinize

Soldato

Cheers, looking at that now.

15. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

http://www.broadspeed.com

£10k+ off 535d.

If buying a nearly-new be aware there are lots of ex hire cars around. They tend to be easily spotted as they are often bizarrely specified.

16. jamoor

Sgarrista

Nothing wrong with an ex hire car if it's less than a year and 10 or so k on the clock

17. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I agree but it's nice to know so you can make your own mind up.

My biggest concern with an ex rental is exterior condition - but this is obvious on viewing anyway.

18. Rybo89

Capodecina

Driving along the other day i got a noise from the drivers rear that sounds like i was dragging tin cans, lasted about 5 seconds. I thought the exhaust had fell off, got out, checked, nothing.

Now doing right turns i can hear a on off rubbing.

Google suggests that i have a stone wedged between brake and dust sheild. Hope so! Will check later after work.

Anyone else had this?

19. alx

Soldato

Ah my bad, I did know that - brain wasn't engaged :o

20. Dis86

Capodecina

Not personally but have heard it before.