BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
Just say that then. Or shall I pull the trigger on a new car? You are equally as pedantic about ‘dailys’

easy to live with is a van

Caporegime
It’s a nice car and understand he didn’t have the budget for a M2. Surely servicing is similar as they are the same engine ? Or is that 240i now using the B58 rather than N55 (M2 has a N55).

but it’s still got the same amount of doors. Same sized boot etc

Man of Honour
An M2 has higher service costs, although it's not too bad if a non-Competition (S55 needs plugs changing etc).

Warranty costs for M cars are a flat rate though and quite expensive, I expect a 2 Series is a lot cheaper.

That said, aesthetically and dynamically the M2 is quite a bit better as you'd expect.

Associate
How’s it easier to live with? Does it empty the dishwasher and hoover up ?

Haven't found the buttons for that yet :p

Regarding the 90% of an M2 - it's definitely not an M car but day to day it's close enough for me. In a straight line it's as quick as an OG M2. Missing the LSD though and the sound of the M2. It's the handling that sets them apart. Can't use that on the roads really, so I'm happy with what I have. If I planned to track it then I would have bought an M2, but to get me to work and back, plus the odd weekend blast - this is plenty quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom