BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Soldato
@MrRockliffe thank you

When to BMW Reading yesterday and had a sit in both the 3 and 5 but think I really need to drive it to decide and unfortunately was unable to test drive anything.

Hopefully going to look at this later.

It’s decent but isn’t a huge specification.

The M Sport pack gives you a lot of equipment as standard.

I’m personally looking for the technology pack as an option (upgraded stereo), and the m sport plus pack (upgraded brakes and adaptive suspension)

Commissario
@MrRockliffe thank you

When to BMW Reading yesterday and had a sit in both the 3 and 5 but think I really need to drive it to decide and unfortunately was unable to test drive anything.

Hopefully going to look at this later.

If you want to spend a bit more for an M340i touring, let me know!

I’ve decided to go for the facelift, a friend works for a dealer down in Devon and has put together a very good deal with about £9500 off list.

Sorry Fox ;)

Associate
@MrRockliffe and @Maccy thank. M340i would be lovely but I think might be slightly out of my price range

This one has both the packs you suggested but is a 330e?

edit: from a bit of further reading am not sure the 330e would be a great choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
@MrRockliffe and @Maccy thank. M340i would be lovely but I think might be slightly out of my price range

This one has both the packs you suggested but is a 330e?

edit: from a bit of further reading am not sure the 330e would be a great choice.

I’ve been considering a 330e. My price bracket is about inline with the prices you’re looking at.

Benefits of 330e:

- Cheap motoring within 30 miles
- Very smooth driving experience
- Good fuel efficiency if charging (I got 77 on my test drive)
- Better value for money as it has depreciated more
- It feels very quick with the initial electric punch

Downsides:

- Added risk and complexity of issues
- You have to charge it or it’s just a 320i with an extra 300kg
- It feels heavier to drive. You’ll want the “adaptive” button by drive mode selectors for the adaptive suspension
- Insurance was about 20% extra compared to a 330i for me

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think you need to decide what you want first.

Are you particularly interested in performance? If not, then a 320i is probably your best choice. They are cheaper to buy which means you get a newer or better specification car for your money than if you wanted a 330i. There are also more of them available so it'll be easier to find one that you want.

Associate
finally got round to washing my E89 for the first this year and the amount of gunk and moss I found around most of the car's seals was too much... Some seals are also cracked/torn/broken, which are allowing some water to go into the rear headlight units, which the left one needs changing as the indicator isn't working (stuck on LED strip, so can't change bulbs).

Would something like this (headlight and seals) be covered by BMW Insured Warranty? The light isn't a consumable, and by not designing it to be a consumable (as it cannot be changed), I would deem it as a 'life' part under warranty. I'd assume the same for the seals.

If not, how much would it cost roughly if I asked a dealer to re-fit all the seals? Is it even worth it?

Soldato
Lol love this sub. The chap is being recommended either a 320i or a 340d. And the thing is his Mrs probably dgaf

It’s a fair question, given I mentioned 330d being rare and didn’t state a budget.

It’ll be our main car so while my other half has to like it, any 3 series will do for her. However I’m putting in £20k so I want it to be a car I like as well.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It’s a fair question, given I mentioned 330d being rare and didn’t state a budget.

It’ll be our main car so while my other half has to like it, any 3 series will do for her. However I’m putting in £20k so I want it to be a car I like as well.
Just get the nicest spec 320i/320d/330i you can find and be done with it.

Soldato
Insurance is still mental for me for some reason. A 330d is still £1700!
You had seemed to say a polestar DM was nearer £1.2K ? so bmw's are less secure or much more desirable than a polestar where you live,
(maybe money from stripping down a polestar and selling parts is less)

Soldato
What's your usage? Do you need a diesel? The 330i is actually very good.

Don’t need, but love the drivetrain and efficiency.

I do 240 miles a week in commuting (maybe less depending on the route I take), plus I do long journeys to Wales.

So deffo not needed, but equally I don’t do short journeys in it that often at all. No trips to shops - I walk.

Back
Top Bottom