BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Good stuff. Yeah they are a completely different animal, not a lot of folk realise that.

One on my drive currently (my mates M2C, he's staying over).

G5-Bullet-5-12-2024-08-25-12-GMT-1.jpg
Hockenheim Silver right? I'm not a fan of whiteish cars but the silver looks brilliant. It's my second choice behind Long Beach Blue.

Factors swaying me towards the M2C over the LCI:

Seats - as far as I can see from pictures (without actually sitting in one), the seats in the OG/LCI are identical to those in my M135i, whereas the M2C seats are taken from the M3/M4? I loved how they felt and aesthetically they improve the cabin massively.

Styling - subtle changes to the front/rear, an overall improvement.

M1/M2 modes - the OG/LCI models don't have M1 or M2 modes as far as I can see? At the very least the buttons are missing from the steering wheel.

Mirrors - again, big improvement over the OG/LCI.

At current prices on BMW AUC, it's a difference of around £28-30k LCI example vs £33-34k example. Not sure how much room there is for negotiation at those prices. My preference is to buy via BMW AUC just for the warranty really, plus some peace of mind that it's up to a certain standard otherwise it would be at auction instead of the forecourt.

Last edited:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Hockenheim Silver right? I'm not a fan of whiteish cars but the silver looks brilliant. It's my second choice behind Long Beach Blue.

Factors swaying me towards the M2C over the LCI:

Seats - as far as I can see from pictures (without actually sitting in one), the seats in the OG/LCI are identical to those in my M135i, whereas the M2C seats are taken from the M3/M4? I loved how they felt and aesthetically they improve the cabin massively.

Styling - subtle changes to the front/rear, an overall improvement.

M1/M2 modes - the OG/LCI models don't have M1 or M2 modes as far as I can see? At the very least the buttons are missing from the steering wheel.

Mirrors - again, big improvement over the OG/LCI.

At current prices on BMW AUC, it's a difference of around £28-30k LCI example vs £33-34k example. Not sure how much room there is for negotiation at those prices. My preference is to buy via BMW AUC just for the warranty really, plus some peace of mind that it's up to a certain standard otherwise it would be at auction instead of the forecourt.

OG/LCI seats are the same as the M135i etc yes. The M2C seats look loads better but they are a lot less comfortable IMO. I'm not a small chap though, so if you're normal size they are probably just as if not more comfy than the LCI seats.

M modes aren't there on the wheel (or anywhere else) in the LCI but you do have access to MDM, its just called "traction" in the LCI. Nice to have the buttons though, definitely.

That example at £34k seems reasonable on the face of it - I paid a little more than that for my 2019 Hockenheim car with basically identical spec but more miles, albeit last year before prices really started to plummet.

Soldato
M2 (often known as the OG M2)
M2 LCI (same engine/power/suspension etc as the OG but some lifecycle changes to headlights / interior etc)
M2 Competition
M2 CS

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Ahh OK so there's a base M2, a Competition and then a CS? Thanks.

There's the original M2 ("OG"), the LCI version which changed the dashboard and a few other cosmetic bits and pieces but is mostly the same car, the M2 Competition which has the S55 engine from the F8x M3/4, a significantly revised exterior, fugly Competition wheels, faster steering rack, F8x M style seats and steering wheel with M mode buttons etc etc. Then there's the CS, which is an ultra limited edition car with a few more horsepower, yellow DRLs, the adaptive suspension from the F80 M3 etc etc.

Soldato
OG/LCI seats are the same as the M135i etc yes. The M2C seats look loads better but they are a lot less comfortable IMO. I'm not a small chap though, so if you're normal size they are probably just as if not more comfy than the LCI seats.

M modes aren't there on the wheel (or anywhere else) in the LCI but you do have access to MDM, its just called "traction" in the LCI. Nice to have the buttons though, definitely.

That example at £34k seems reasonable on the face of it - I paid a little more than that for my 2019 Hockenheim car with basically identical spec but more miles, albeit last year before prices really started to plummet.
Thanks - useful info.

Warranty, if you have it, how much was your latest renewal please?

Sorry for the direct question, I'm just trying to build a complete picture of the overall running costs compared to my current car. @ShivP said his 2018 LCI was £845, so I'm guessing yours will be in the region of £1-1.2k?

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Thanks - useful info.

Sorry for the direct question, I'm just trying to build a complete picture of the overall running costs compared to my current car. @ShivP said his 2018 LCI was £845, so I'm guessing yours will be in the region of £1-1.2k?

Mine is still covered by the AUC warranty and I've not had the renewal invitation letter yet. I'm not sure I'll bother renewing, instead I might just self-insure to give myself the latitude for a few much-needed modifications!

Man of Honour
Thanks - useful info.

All M2’s are all the same price, the difference being if it’s a renewal or a new policy.

Soldato
Soldato
Reasons I went for an N55 LCI were primarily sound (S55 imo does not sound anywhere near as good), general running costs are less (servicing, brakes etc), sound, I think the original wheels look better but the wheels are easily changed... and sound. Also the cheaper purchase price did not hurt.

I am generally very happy with it and don't crave a competition, I would probably look for a GXX in the future if I was to go for another M car.

Reactions: mjt
Caporegime
After many issues, taxing on 1st May, broken spring 2nd May, driving to Kent to get some H&R sport springs, new tyre fitted last week, Bank hol getting int the way, tracking, wheel speed error causing all sorts of issues. On Thursday night the car was undrivable with a speed reading going up to 80mph when car not moving, ABS kicking in on gentle braking, Traction control for no reason, airbag warnings and transmission overheats, got to the track then went to BMW melksham near Combe to get a new BMW sensor Friday morning didnt solve I got on the track, but no speedo, so after lunch we swapped rear sensors over (speedo is off the rear left apparently) We got the speedo back.

Some S65 noise for those BMW enthusiasts. Pretty happy with how the car went, no ABS meant I was cautious on the brakes and I was watching the gearbox as it wouldnt change down until slow enough (also got stuck in second coming out the pits). Funny thing is the moment we left the track all the wheel speed errors cleared 50m after leaving Combe and only came on one since (gonna change rear right next)

Anyway bit of a rushing around for 10 days but thought id share some of it.

Car is a stock competition pack so the 25mm/15mm springs lowered the front 15 and rear 5mm (Comp pack 10mm lower). DS2500 pads all round with SRF.
Looking to make it a bit louder and maybe finally get around to the remap

Lots of induction. No exhaust

mTkT1lh.jpeg

6gCeRdj.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay so dumb and annoying situation. G20 320d.

Bought a car yesterday (private sale). Checked it over in detail, all is good. Didn't have an inspection, but inspected myself with code reader, all good.

Drove home 2 hours, no issues.

Took out for a drive today, no issues. Hit a pot hole, engine light comes on. Thanks run flat tyres :mad:

Anyone with a crystal ball have any idea what it could be, before I inevitably spend loads of bloody money sorting it?

Back
Top Bottom