BMW M2 competition, what do you think?

OcUK Staff
Audi S8+, absolute weapon.
Makes most "super cars" look silly 0-60 3.8, and you dont look a tool with a tiny boot trying to cram a small sports bag in.
It has everything, aside from razor sharp, track focussed handling of course.

For those who want stealth and do not wish to look like complete spanners desperately seeking attention and trying to compensate for lacking in various biological departments, in bright orange sports cars, it is the perfect vehicle.

Also it is not decked out inside with old mans wood everywhere, carbon all the way.

I do like the 7 series equivalent, but for some reason the S8+ just does the business. The autoGefuhl review was most interesting.

For me the M2 is the older mans version of knocking about in a Fiesta/Corsa, when there are more mature and practical options around.

Imagine having an M2, and being thourougly embarrassed at the lights as the guy in the S8+ makes you eat dust, all while cosseted in pure luxury, and likely listening to Beethoven as he dispatches the puny 6 cylindered M2 with consummate ease. Not only that he could also do so having all his shopping, golf clubs, and two mistresses in the car at the same time.

Lets see your S8 then, sounds a nice barge of a car. :)

Permabanned
I prefer 1 mistress, two are only fun for the odd evening and definitely would not be wasting time racing cars on the way to the hotel, they’d already be in the dust... even in a 1.0 Fiesta

Give the guy some credit... at least he knows what he likes and can translate his average dreams into words... maybe one day he can make them come true

I’m guessing the seat for the third mistress has a bag of toys after the boot is already overflowing with them... otherwise someone needs to dream bigger :/

Caporegime
I think the point el troll is missing is if your in the market for an S8+ then your either not into small fast cars in the first place or already have said M2 or equivalent tucked away in the garage for the weekend hoon.

The M760Li for example is the fastest accelerating BMW currently in production I think but can’t see many people choosing one over an M2,3,4,5 etc if they wanted a “drivers” car.

Blinded by figures but oblivious to fact I’d suggest.

Caporegime
I think the point el troll is missing is if your in the market for an S8+ then your either not into small fast cars in the first place or already have said M2 or equivalent tucked away in the garage for the weekend hoon.

The M760Li for example is the fastest accelerating BMW currently in production I think but can’t see many people choosing one over an M2,3,4,5 etc if they wanted a “drivers” car.

Blinded by figures but oblivious to fact I’d suggest.

Oh he's aware, he just seems to lack the ability to realise we're all adults here.

Soldato
OP
Wow lots of interesting discussion about completely unrelated cars/long boats.

I'm saving saving saving, into theory with a low APR loan also thrown in would be good to go for an M2 around summertime.

I know it's a lot more capable than my current car (which I really love) but is it worth that expenditure. I really worry about the stock ride quality bouncing me off a B-road into a hedge, most reviews say stock it is not well damped to our roads.

Convince me to carry on my single minded onsession with acquiring this car!

Soldato
Wow lots of interesting discussion about completely unrelated cars/long boats.

I'm saving saving saving, into theory with a low APR loan also thrown in would be good to go for an M2 around summertime.

I know it's a lot more capable than my current car (which I really love) but is it worth that expenditure. I really worry about the stock ride quality bouncing me off a B-road into a hedge, most reviews say stock it is not well damped to our roads.

Convince me to carry on my single minded onsession with acquiring this car!

Could be the perfect time...pre reg M2 comps starting to appear on the market at roughly £9k or so less than the list price of a brand new factory order one?

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201811292847836

Soldato
OP
Yeh I am going to get a loan so I can buy outright then mod. If I get a new car on PCP I would pay not far off the price of buying a car (circa 30k) then STILL have a balloon of circa 25k to own the car.
And I'm not prepared to do that.

Back
Top Bottom