Boinc Pentathlon

PDW

PDW

Associate
Easier to read your list than the challenge site's :)

PC with two 780Ti's in has been crashing since yesterday evening :(
Walked past it this morning and heard the fans start to crank up, thought it a bit strange but dismissed it as perhaps it was just starting a new pair of Einstein's. It was quiet at lunch time and found it not fully booted with a black screen.

Memory dumps showed these three items:

dxgkrnl.sys
dxgmms1.sys
nvlddmkm.sys

... which lots of people have reported crashes with.

However, the MSI card with 2 fans was overheating as one of the fans was hardly spinning up. Have taken it out for now so the PC can keep running the other card and WCG. Will wait till the challenge is over before having a play in another PC. :(:(

At least my WCG output should rise back up again :)

Soldato
OP
If it's under warranty just RMA it, or if it's out of warranty get an aftermarket cooler like an arctic accelero.

Don't know if you noticed but we grabbed a spot on WCG only to lose the same spot to another team, it was seamless, seem to happen on the same update.

The team that was 70,000 ahead of us on yoyo is now only 30,000 ahead, so I'm going to keep on that until the stomp and then switch a couple of rigs over to LHC, and Einstien is finishing in a few hours, we are being caught, but too little too late for them :) 13th will be a good result for us.

EDIT: Just realised that we were 12th, one team dumped 10.5 mill in the last 24hrs to stomp half a dozen teams, including us, still, no shame in 13th.

Last edited:
Associate
13th..just unlucky lol
Still i am back up to speed after swopping around on my system, just 1 titan x on my 5960 now ive moved the 780s onto the 4770k, running lots cooler now, opened up the old supremacy cpu block and it was full of crud! no wonder it was running warm. Not a good time to be changing stuff but needs must.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I probably will RMA it, it's not noisy until the fan(s) spin up fast to try and keep it cool. It finished the last work units okay before I shut it down and took it out so does still work.

Yes, I saw that we would be overtaken taking away the glory of our overtake in WCG.

13th if those chasing don't have a big dump too !
Still think those at the top are going to drop a significant amount, not sure I'd leave it till the last hour though. Might be exciting unless for some reason the server fails and the points don't get counted :(

What do you think is going to happen at the bottom of the yoyo table ?
Boinc Confederation and BT Retired Club are tied on 0 points, do you think 1 of them will suddenly drop a load just before the deadline to rise above last place ? Or they just couldn't care less :D

Man of Honour

Cross Country (GPU, 5 days) EINSTEIN@HOME Leaderboard Ended, finished 13th/27
All credits granted between 09/05/2014, 00:00 (UTC) and 14/05/2014, 00:00 (UTC) will be taken into the BOINC Pentathlon validation. Please note that pending credits can not be taken into account!

Is it the last day for Einstein or is it already finished?

Back
Top Bottom