Boinc Pentathlon

Associate
Andy I've just had a look at your machine (3 titans nice) You want to be just doing the 'Parkes PMPS XT' units which are much more productive than the 'Arecibo, GPU' units which are for slower cards, uncheck the latter in your Einstein preferences.

3 titans? i wish lol, 1 titan and 2 x 780s , ill switch wu`s over tho and see, o yer 4,400 points vs 1,000 :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Any idea what would be best for my AMD 285 (overclocked)?

I'd say the same, the 'Parkes PMPS XT' unit's. You could even try running 2 at once, where it says "dangerous" :rolleyes: change from 1 to 0.5 (0.33 is 3 at once, 0.25 is 4 .. etc) I have a 7970 which is the same as a 280x and I do two tasks at once. Check something like msi afterburner for your GPU usage to see if it's worth it.

I've just looked up the AMD 285 which is comparable to a 7950 which I'm also running, doing two tasks at once, each tasks takes just over an hour and a half, I have to change the CPU processor usage to 75% though when running CPU tasks otherwise it increases the GPU runtimes too much.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
wow up 8 places to 9th on Einstein@Home :)

It was the massive dump we took yesterday :o TBH we are in a false position, 4 teams immediately behind us have out produced us quite a bit in the last 12 hours, we are scheduled to drop to 12/13th by the end, unless we get some reinforcements.

On malaria the best we can hope for now is 20th, the team behind us have been nipping at our heels for days now, hopefully we can keep them at bay for the remaining 1.5 days.

Slow start on yoyo, we're currently 17th, I'll switch over fully once malaria finishes.

Looking good on WCG, gaining slowly on the 3 teams above :)

Associate
If there's still only 7 of us, I think we're doing a mighty job. Do we need to make sure we have some kind of balance between the projects or could we all just as well do WCG and Einstein and ignore the others?

Soldato
OP
If there's still only 7 of us, I think we're doing a mighty job. Do we need to make sure we have some kind of balance between the projects or could we all just as well do WCG and Einstein and ignore the others?

I'd say go for the balance, after all the points positions for all are just the same. Einstein is GPU so we can go all out on that, malaria is all but over now. Yoyo we could give it a bash while keeping an eye on WCG, making sure we don't lose ground, then of course there's the 3 day sprint, I think we should go all out for that, just my opinion.

PDW

PDW

Associate
With so few of us if we all decide on our own to stop what we're doing and change it could be for the worse. It's just more a case of co-ordination really.

One big toe will be getting dipped but have 7 cancer markers to finish first, so about 1-2 hours for them before I start paddling.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Ah right. Just want to make sure my work queues are in proportion.

Overall we're not doing too badly. :D

We had an excellent stashing for Einstein so we should end up punching above our real weight on that.

If we take any resources away from Malaria we will be caught and drop a place. It will be a close thing anyway.

Pedal must be kept to the metal on WGC or we won't make gains. As disciplines like Maleria wind down, others will put more resources to WGC again and that could be damaging. By then most of my present contribution will have gone "not on", so beware what that could do to our standings.

To early to tell how YoYo could work out. I'm not adding anything to that one.

And remember Sprint is not yet announced. Who knows what that could be to throw a spanner in the works, but again I wont be able to assist.

Back
Top Bottom