Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

My biggest issues with Borderlands 1, which I hope they fix in Borderlands 2:

- Needs more 'abilities', maybe 1 per 'tree'. The Beserker only had his Melee ability, regardless of spec. It needs more to add variety.

- Was too easy to buy 'all' abilities, rendering specs eventually pointless

- Needs more items, rather than guns. The sheilds didn't add enough, I'd like to see various armour pieces to give a bit more range of collectables (and appearances).

Lets face it, levelling and item hunting are the biggest draw, as it is in the Diablo series, and I'd pretty much found the top percentile of weapons quite quickly in Borderlands 1.

My issues with the first were overly basic combat, little variety in enemy types, and too easy. After playing no. 2 at Rezzed the first two gripes have been improved on and it seemed more challenging. Day one :)

Gearbox Software has just announced that Borderlands 2 is finished, and it has been send for certification. Borderlands 2 is schedule to launch on September 21 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Today, we have some exciting new to share about Borderlands 2 -- the game is headed to certification!

This means that the game's on-disc content has been locked down and will be thoroughly tested to ensure it is ready for release -– in other words, the game is finished and we cannot make any further changes to the game. As such, the team is now shifting their focus towards post-launch efforts, including the Mechromancer: the new character class that will be released as FREE downloadable content to members of the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club roughly 60 to 90 days after launch.

The Mechromancer is just one of the many bonuses for members of the Premiere Club, which can be joined by pre-ordering Borderlands 2 from a participating retailer in advance of its release on September 18 in North America and September 21 Internationally. For a list of those participating retailers and more details about Premiere Club benefits, please visit our Borderlands 2 FAQ and borderlands2.com/preorder

On behalf of everyone involved in the development of Borderlands 2, thank you for your love and support -- your passion for what we create is what fuels our effort!​

I will no doubt get this, as it looks good. However, I started Borderlands for about the third time last week and I just can't get in to it. It could do with a bit more in terms of story for me, but maybe it just isn't my kind of game.

There seems to be a trend of games which everyone proclaims as really fun which I just can't enjoy:(

Last edited:
You're just determined to not like it aren't you? :p

I had over 100 hours in the first and I didn't do every quest and side quest.

An average/decent play-through is not how much time you have got out of the game.

Play-through Time != Replayability

The quoted time is from a play guide author. Either they missed out huge parts of the game and are producing the worst game guide on the face of the planet or they have covered everything possible in the game and came to 58 hours. The latter seems more likely.

I keep trying to get back into BL1 and want to play it again but the replayability factor of this game is poor. Usually I like to play the prequel to a new and upcoming game but sadly it isn't the case this time.

An average/decent play-through is not how much time you have got out of the game.

Play-through Time != Replayability

The quoted time is from a play guide author. Either they missed out huge parts of the game and are producing the worst game guide on the face of the planet or they have covered everything possible in the game and came to 58 hours. The latter seems more likely.

58 hours sounds right, I've played 108 hours so far about 75 hours for main game, the rest spent going through DLC, about another 20-25 hours at a guess, thats trying to complete all quests.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom