Borderlands 3

Associate
Despite reading a bunch about it I'm still confused about the interaction between TVHM mode and Mayhem 1-3 mode. I've finished a run-through with Flak (level 38) which unlocks both, but now it seems if I start a new character whether I choose TVHM mode or not I'm still back to doing a standard playthrough again. I'd read that once I get to sanctuary I could switch on Mayhem mode on TVHM mode but it seems like that's not the case if I use a different character as the terminal isn't on the ship.

Anyone care to enlighten me? Really what I want is to play through with a different character but have the ability to level up faster / have a greater challenge than I would if I started afresh. But this doesn't seem possible?

Associate
Despite reading a bunch about it I'm still confused about the interaction between TVHM mode and Mayhem 1-3 mode. I've finished a run-through with Flak (level 38) which unlocks both, but now it seems if I start a new character whether I choose TVHM mode or not I'm still back to doing a standard playthrough again. I'd read that once I get to sanctuary I could switch on Mayhem mode on TVHM mode but it seems like that's not the case if I use a different character as the terminal isn't on the ship.

Anyone care to enlighten me? Really what I want is to play through with a different character but have the ability to level up faster / have a greater challenge than I would if I started afresh. But this doesn't seem possible?

TVHM and Mayhem are only available to the character/characters that have completed the main story line once. you cannot use these modes with a newly created character.

Associate
You people are making it hard for me to say anything other than "great it's time to go out and buy it", so is there "anything" and I mean anything that you would consider to be
a major issue with the game (so no, not small bugs)?

Associate
TVHM and Mayhem are only available to the character/characters that have completed the main story line once. you cannot use these modes with a newly created character.

Yeah that makes sense thanks. Not sure what the point of TVHM mode is then, may as well just play on normal if I'm starting a fresh character?

Associate
You people are making it hard for me to say anything other than "great it's time to go out and buy it", so is there "anything" and I mean anything that you would consider to be

The story line is dull compared to 2. And you can't skip the cut scenes and dialogue which sucks on a 2nd playthrough, but apart from that go for it. Probably the most hours I've spent on a game this year, although that's a low bar - not much interests me these days!

Man of Honour

I havent encountered some of the bugs that some people have, so I cant speak for those.

I would say the only major issue with it would be one of personal taste. The game IS Borderlands, its not terribly revolutionary, its not groundbreaking, its more of the same. So if a person thought Borderlands 1/2 etc were bad or meh, then they will probably think Borderlands 3 is bad/meh. If a person liked Borderlands 1/2 then they will probably like Borderlands 3. Thats the only thing that I can think of that would be an issue, its more of the same. Thats ok for some and not ok for others.

Back
Top Bottom