Borderlands the handsome edition [xbox one/ps4]

Soldato
Ive just started playing this for the first time and can safely say I'm very confused with all the weapons and stats.
Now I've started as Zero and am at level 14 ish having just finished a 'Damn fine rescue' but finding it pretty difficult, I cannot see how you could play as a melee character as getting up close ends with a very quick death is this something thats more suited for end game?

So for now I'm sticking to snipers and pistols but is there any good guides out there on how to play at lower levels, I'd prefer to not grind and go through over levelled if possible.

I did Zero when I first played through, he gets more powerful higher in level, especially as a sniper build but the melee is more of a 'when they come to you' moments.

The psycho I'm running now is definitely a run in with shotgun and FUN mode - both 'melee' but very different in approach.

Do what psymonkee mentioned above, just critical from a distance with the increased crit perks and never go into a fight mob. Mine was easier as I was multiplaying with a Siren.

When you're level 31 (respec), then go all out melee and sniper because the final perk for melee just 1 hits mobs forever, and ever, and ever. (Think blade-dancer with a more powerful Encore!)

Associate
Zero is a great solo character but is a bit of a glass cannon. Early game you'd be best taking the left skill tree - anything that ups critical damage until you can take B0re!

Do what psymonkee mentioned above, just critical from a distance with the increased crit perks and never go into a fight mob. Mine was easier as I was multiplaying with a Siren.

When you're level 31 (respec), then go all out melee and sniper because the final perk for melee just 1 hits mobs forever, and ever, and ever. (Think blade-dancer with a more powerful Encore!)

Cheers all - I'll give it a try. I'm enjoying the style as have got a bit burned playing Destiny so hopefully this should keep me going until House of Wolves :D

Soldato
I have this on Xbox One and there doesn't seem to be hardly any games open for multiplayer, those that are open seem quite tough to connect to.

For those that have the PS4 version are there many games open to join on there?

Yeah, every time i've tried it's not even showing any for multiplayer. At a guess, i'd say the default of xbox live friends only is good enough for most people so they never change it to open multiplayer.

Associate
Guys, once you finish the main story missions in BL2 which DLC should I hit first....or should I go into true vault hunter mode... I have no idea what's best to do now. I'm level 35.

Soldato
At level 35 you are way past any DLC caps - hit up TVHM! You'll level a ton faster too ;)

Captain Scarlett and Mr Torgue DLC can be done mid way through the story. Sir Hammerlock and Tina are intended as late/end game DLC's and should be saved accordingly :)

Associate
Ok cool, I'll go into TVHM it's just a shame I can't go right into the DLC without going over the story again.

Can I just ask.... Can I switch back into my normal mode without issue? I want to try get all trophies on ps4

Soldato
You can go into the DLC but the firsts 2 have a max level cap of 32ish which means you'll stroll through them which will be boring! Quick read of this should help clear things up!

You can switch back to normal mode with no problems and go on some seriously OP'd rampages if you desire! That said with enemies so soft a lot of skills may not activate correctly if they trigger off low shield/health!

To switch play modes just hit select character from the main menu - should prompt you for your choice then!

maj

maj

Soldato
Getting fed up with what I'm going to call the 'lost progress' bug. I reach a certain checkpoint, save and close the game, and next time I load saved game I'm back to the previous checkpoint. Anyone else experienced this?

Back
Top Bottom