Borderlands

Soldato
I've played all four original characters and for me the only viable solo characters at UVHM are Salvador and Maya. Team play is different, of course.

I've not played Kreig, Gaige, or any of the others.

Soldato
I'm at 50. is it worth farming stuff now before continuing? I've not finished campaign on TVHM but have all DLC

Yes. Especially get the Bee (from Hunter Hellquist), Neogenator (from Spycho), and the 97% Sham (from Bunker) shields. Also the Unkempt Harold pistol and Lyuda sniper rifle if you can get them at decent levels. If you're playing in a group, the Deputy's Badge and Sheriff's Badge relics are good.

Soldato
No! Don't do it!

Go into UVHM as close to 50 as possible. All enemies scale to your level and you'll be fighting level 54 with level 50 gear.

Much easier to farm stuff in UVHM. Remember to slaaaaag everything. More tips when it's not 5am!

Soldato
Ugh! Couldn't sleep so now at the PC and can reply in full sentences! :p

As you know weapon scaling (and enemies for that matter) scale exponentionally meaning your weapons will drop off very quickly in terms of damage output as the levels increase. This is even more apparent in UVHM as enemies not only get 4x normal health but additionally get health regen which can only be barely mitigated by damage over time!

You need to get on level gear from UVHM sources to really stand a chance.

If you really want a Bee (very situational imo) go to UVHM and head to The Forest and kill some Treants - they have a very high chance of dropping it and you're level 50 gear will be enough to take them down.

Gear and chests will drop on level gear so the push through to Flynt and ultimately Savage Lee should be relatively easy depending on character, build and of course skill! :p

What character are you playing as? Go here: http://bl2skills.com/vanilla.html and lets see what you got!

(Oh and @Quartz - Sham max level is 94% but Bunker is a stingy git! :p)

Soldato
Bunker is such a rigmarole though. Don't you have to go through the entire level leading up to him/it each time?

Not entirely! Get to him/her/it and turn it into spare parts. Collect crappy loot and then hit Esc. Quit to the Main Menu and then hit play game and you'll be back at the Bunker - speedy farming. More so if you're Zer0! ;)

Soldato
I got the bee but it dropped a level 46 version with only 15k shield, Vs the 43k I currently have. Is item level randomly generated on drop? Dropped at 50 in tvhm

The Bee is a very situational shield. It's brilliant for long range and boss monsters like Bunker, the Warrior, and Terramorphus where you can guarantee not being hit. It's also brilliant for when you're in a vehicle as the guns get the Amp damage. It's not good for fights with mooks - really any fight in which you're going to get hit.

Back
Top Bottom